PDA

View Full Version : The Plaza

Pastcastmemberdaughter
08-10-2013, 11:56 PM
Ok so of the many times over the years I have been to Disney I have never eaten at The Plaza in MK. We are taking a trip in mid January and I have been trying for 3 weeks to get a reservation for Lunch or Dinner there with no luck. Is this restaurant that popular? I had an easier time getting into O'hana's and I thought that was the hard one to get into. Is this normal, is it going to be down for referb or is this a place I just need to call Disney directly to get a reservation made? Any advice? I'd really like to try this restaurant out and I was looking forward to it.

snowflakegirl
08-11-2013, 12:22 AM
That seems surprising to me. I've never had trouble getting a reservation there and I haven't found it to be hugely popular in the cant get in sort of way. That said, we do enjoy it. I love the chicken strawberry salad.

kakn7294
08-11-2013, 03:46 AM
We just did a walkup in June so I find it surprising that it's fully booked in January. It is small though so anything is possible.

VWL Mom
08-11-2013, 07:29 AM
I have been unable to get an ADR at busier times but not this far out. It looks like nothing is available to book after January 4th but a few others look that way too. I would give them a call to see what's up.

Basket Mommy
08-11-2013, 11:35 AM
It's small, so there are limited seats. I have had trouble booking it in the past (we never make reservations until at least 7 months before a trip, sometimes as little as 4-5 mos.) I finally got an ADR there for our trip this last February. It was not disappointing, but it wasn't what I was expecting, either. To me it isn't worth trying to fight for an ADR. It's just a nice sandwich and ice cream shop. I'd take Crystal Palace over The Plaza any day of the week.

Pastcastmemberdaughter
08-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Thanks everyone!

Yes I thought it was a bit strange to not be able to get a reservation there for January as well. I even checked for curiosity sake for the 2nd week of February, right at the 180 day mark, and it's not showing any openings for that day either or that week of Feb. So either this restaurant got really really popular or there's something strange in our mist, lol!

I've eaten at Crystal Palace the past 2 trips so we were looking for something different and since neither my husband or I have ever tried The Plaza we were really wanting too, if nothing else just to say we have.

I will call them Monday and see what happens. Thanks again!

DaisylovesDonald
08-11-2013, 08:38 PM
This is our go-to restaurant to beat the heat and have a quick sit down meal on the go at MK. We always call it our little secret place since we rarely have to wait without a reservation. The food really is yummy. The cheese steak sandwich has been one of my favs for 10+ years. Typically when we have a big breakfast, we will head here to eat around 3pm and watch the parade go by. It's pretty fun if you can get a window seat! Plus, the desserts are delicious. The days we have a big breakfast and go for a late lunch, we'll tack on a sundae and we're good for skipping dinner. I LOVE the brownie sundae!

The last time we were there, the Mayor of Main Street came in for a little show - pretty cute!

Like others have said, it is not worth going crazy to get a reservation, but it is a nice little place with good food.

I would recommend calling for sure. The online reservations were giving me problems here and there the last week.

Terra
08-12-2013, 07:10 AM
I love The Plaza. It's a more refreshing 'cooler' meal for warm/hot days.
That is strange that they are so booked. I've never had an issue myself. Granted I'm local, but many times I'll make ADRs at various places just to make sure we get a spot. But I've never had a problem with this by just walking up and getting in. I'd almost try that if you can't get ADRs.
Sometimes I think people forget about it since it's on the side.
Try the Reuben ;)

NJGIRL
08-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Its a very small restaurant and I think the lack of table service in the Magic Kingdom doesn't help.

I always make ADR's and always see people trying to get into lunch without them and they are usually turned away.

Keep calling you may get lucky....and try for one later maybe 3:00.

We love their sandwiches

miltimo5
08-15-2013, 12:32 PM
WAS THERE FIRST TIME LAST YEAR....HAD THE MEATLOAF...AND WITH ALL THE EXTRAS I COULDNT FINISH IT....GREAT FOOD AND LIKE MOST DISNEY RESTAURANTS WAS PLENTY TO EAT :thumbsup:

twinboyz
08-16-2013, 09:03 AM
We have had trouble getting a ressie there too. It's quite small in there so I can see how the ressies fill up fast. Twice we tried walk up with no luck.

If you can get in there it's great. We ate there for the first time this past May. The food was really good and the kids LOVED the milkshakes. Totally a great place to eat.

Good Luck.

AgentP
08-17-2013, 11:11 AM
Hi,
I was also having trouble getting an ADR for the Plaza in mid January. I just checked this morning and there were multiple available times. So you might want to give it a try today. Good luck!

Pastcastmemberdaughter
08-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Hi,
I was also having trouble getting an ADR for the Plaza in mid January. I just checked this morning and there were multiple available times. So you might want to give it a try today. Good luck!

Hey thanks for letting me know! I tried and got in! YES! I'm very excited to try something new and I think that banana split is calling my name, lol. Thanks everyone