PDA

View Full Version : BLT Room Request

andypooh
08-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Off to WDW in 7 days

We are staying in a standard 1BR @ BLT

I am planning on requesting a room. I was thinking the 5th floor.

Any input would be helpful?

Thanks

VWL Mom
08-10-2013, 03:33 PM
We always request the 5th floor at BLT. Being on the same level as the bridge seems to make things easier when the elevators are backed up. There are others that prefer higher floors but in your case I think the 5th floor is the highest floor for standards.

andypooh
08-10-2013, 04:00 PM
I believe 5th floor is the highest option indeed for standard view

Do you just request the floor, or specific rooms?

VWL Mom
08-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Usually it's 5th floor near elevator. Just a word of warning if you're doing online check-in which I just found out Thursday. Any request done online will override a previous room request. In the case of BLT I think the choices were upper floor, lower floor, and near skybridge. When I called MS to reconfirm my requests everything was gone except for near skybridge. One would assume that's fifth floor but with Disney, who knows. I had her change it back to my original request.

andypooh
08-10-2013, 05:07 PM
so maybe we will call just so we can try and get what we want

Do the standard views from the 5th floor give you a look at the MK at all?

Pirate Granny
08-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Only if facing theme park...could be lake view

VWL Mom
08-10-2013, 05:55 PM
The map I have is a bit older. I know they did reallocated some of the MK view rooms to standard because the view of MK was a joke and people complained (me being one of them). So possibly 7520 was one that changed and would give you a glimpse but I'm not sure.

jenperich
08-30-2013, 12:20 AM
We have a MK-view studio booked, and would like to know what to request for the best view of Wishes and park. We will be in early a lot with our little one, I'm sure. TIA!