PDA

View Full Version : F&WF Soft opening?

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-08-2013, 03:09 PM
We will be at our happiest place on earth September 20-28. Isn't there always a soft opening/preview night for the F&WF? It ususally takes us 2-3 days to get through all the booths and we normally go in October. However this year, I just want to make sure that we have enough time planned to partake!

I believe it's historically been the Wednesday before the opening which would be Sept. 25th. Can anyone confirm? And also, will it be open on Thursday do? Seems silly to have a soft open on wednesday, closed on thursday and open again on Friday. At least in my opinion it is!

Thanks for the answers.

AgentC
08-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Last year they did a soft open on the Thursday before the Festival opened. If they do the same this year, it would be the 26th. I did not go myself but the reports last year were that officially it is a cast member preview but anyone can go to the booths. They were not open regular hours. They opened later in the afternoon and closed early.

I might try to head over this year and check it out myself. I went on the opening Friday which was fun but a little crazy.

Melanie
08-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Last year they did a soft open on the Thursday before the Festival opened. If they do the same this year, it would be the 26th. I did not go myself but the reports last year were that officially it is a cast member preview but anyone can go to the booths. They were not open regular hours. They opened later in the afternoon and closed early.

I might try to head over this year and check it out myself. I went on the opening Friday which was fun but a little crazy.

As they did the year before. I really enjoyed it that afternoon.

MrPeetrie
08-08-2013, 11:03 PM
We stumbled upon the soft opening in 2012. It was wonderful!!!

We had reservations at The Flying Fish for that night and we were spending our day in Epcot with the intention of walking to dinner later. As we walked into the World Showcase, we were informed it was a "soft opening" and told would could participate. I immediately called and canceled our ressies. We sampled food from at least 10 different locales. Maybe more. It was truly memorable. (The Korean Lettuce Wrap was our favorite!)

I checked our itinerary from last year and it was a Thursday before the Food & Wine Festival "Officially" opened.

Enjoy! :number1:

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-09-2013, 03:44 PM
YES!!!! Thank you for the replies! We'll be checking for the soft opening daily! :thumbsup:

Melanie
08-09-2013, 03:45 PM
YES!!!! Thank you for the replies! We'll be checking for the soft opening daily! :thumbsup:

I would only count on the Thursday afternoon before, as MrPeetrie said.