PDA

View Full Version : Main Street Barber Shop

IloveJack
08-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Is there an age minimum for getting a first haircut? My newest was born with a full head of hair (as in, it was already over his ears and touching his collar); and he could already handle a haircut (if it weren't for that whole head control thing :)). We'll be in the MK the day he turns 6 months. Will they cut his hair then? I'm hoping to be back there for his 1st birthday, as well, but he'll look like a little girl by then. :-D

Basket Mommy
08-08-2013, 05:05 PM
I don't see any minimum age requirements on the disney.com site. You do need a reservation, and there is a no-show fee. When in doubt, call the number below and ask. I would assume that your son needs to be able to sit in the chair or your lap while they cut his hair.

Water may be sprayed on hair if needed during styling, but no shampooing will be provided. With that in mind, please arrive with clean, dry hair.
Guests under 17 years of age must be accompanied by an adult (18 years of age or older).
A $10 charge will apply for no-shows or cancellations within one day of your reservation. Though reservations are recommended and can be made by calling (407) WDW-PLAY or (407) 939-7529, walk-ins are welcome.

brownie
08-08-2013, 09:40 PM
I'm going to send this to the Theme Parks forum.

MickeysBestPal
08-09-2013, 09:20 AM
You do need a reservation...

While you CAN make a reservation, that is relatively new.

Walk-ups are still accepted, and if you go at park opening time or during at parade, etc. there is often little wait time.

IloveJack
08-09-2013, 09:40 AM
We've gotten both of our DDs first haircuts there, without reservation, and always walked right in. I talked to the barbers last time about making reservations, but I hate vacation having to revolve around a schedule, and we'll be in the MK for 2.5 days, so I'll probably wing it again. Just trying to find out about ages (without having to call). ;)

jenperich
08-19-2013, 10:16 PM
We're hoping to get our DS's hair cut this trip. It's his first trip and we couldn't be more excited!

AvaNellMouse
08-20-2013, 11:05 AM
They do great adult cuts, too! :mickey: