PDA

View Full Version : Snow on Main St. for MVMCP

spoiledraf
08-07-2013, 08:44 PM
My first Christmas Season visit is coming up and I have heard of "snow" on Main St. I assume during the evening parade. Any info on this? Hope it doesn't become one of the many cost cutting sacrifices Disney makes before I see it!

Main Street Jim
08-07-2013, 10:51 PM
If I recall, it "snows" about every 15 minutes or so on Main Street, *except* during the parade.

:thumbsup:

Strmchsr
08-08-2013, 07:22 AM
That sounds about right. It's "snowing" (soap bubbles) off and on all evening. I'm not sure if it's every 15 min, but it's close to that. It's a nice effect, just don't try to eat it. :D

spoiledraf
08-08-2013, 08:24 AM
Ooh soap bubbles! I wondered how they did it. Then when one of the Florida downpours hit, everything gets a bubble bath!
Thanks for the info.
115 days out!

ANG
08-08-2013, 08:34 AM
I hope you have nice cool weather. When we attended MVMCP it was like the hottest day of our trip. The snow was so neat but it was hard to appreciate when you are sweating.

Ms. Mode
08-08-2013, 09:14 AM
I hope you have nice cool weather. When we attended MVMCP it was like the hottest day of our trip. The snow was so neat but it was hard to appreciate when you are sweating.

Oh dear, see...I'd love the heat! Maybe it will be warm for our party night...I hope, I hope.... :blush:

Strmchsr
08-08-2013, 04:48 PM
One of the neatest experiences I ever had was in Jan 2010 when it was 33 with snow flurries at noon in the Magic Kingdom. I'd seen the fake snow plenty of times, but seeing the real thing was about as magical as it gets (even if it was a month late). :mickey:

Melanie
08-08-2013, 05:30 PM

Exactly. Living in sub tropical temps for 6 years, it's kinda hard to get in the holiday mood. I welcomed the cooler days and nights.

spoiledraf
08-08-2013, 10:05 PM
I fear our visit will be a very crowded affair. We're going on a weekday as many suggest the firstweek of December. We tried to get dining reservations and there is nothing to be found. Yikes! Hope it's not too crowded. We'll have fun anyway.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-14-2013, 06:14 PM
We were there the first week of December 2012 and it wasn't all that bad. And keep trying on the ressies and also check for them while you are in the parks.

Giggy
08-19-2013, 06:50 AM
Ooh soap bubbles! I wondered how they did it. Then when one of the Florida downpours hit, everything gets a bubble bath!
Thanks for the info.
115 days out!

Well now we know how they keep the parks so clean! ;)