PDA

View Full Version : New beginnings

disney obsessed
08-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Well, I am getting my opportunity to run away from home and reinvent myself. My marriage of 25 years ended today. Kinda scared. Kinda excited. Kinda relieved. Kinda dying inside.

Its been a loong time coming.

My attitude for right now, I can't wait to see what happens next! That will probably change. Strange roller coaster to be riding.

Thank god i booked the tickets to disney world for me and the girls yesterday!

SBETigg
08-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Oh wow, I'm sure you have so many mixed emotions. Best wishes for your new beginning! Planning a Disney trip helps in almost any situation.

Itchy
08-07-2013, 12:19 AM
Sorry to hear about your divorce. Mine ended after 26 1/2 yrs. I must say it was the best thing for me but tough on my kids. It has been almost 10 yes and I have moved on very well. At age 62 now I do not plan on getting into a marriage situation.

I am sure you will do fine and move on as it does take some getting use to.

My Disney trips are what saved my sanity.

Don't worry be happy for your kids they are what's important.:mickey:

Disney4us2
08-07-2013, 06:52 AM
Sorry to hear about your divorce. I can relate to the new beginning part. Different scenerio, lots of emotions. Good luck in your new life's journey.

PopPhan
08-07-2013, 08:07 AM
Well, I am getting my opportunity to run away from home and reinvent myself. My marriage of 25 years ended today. Kinda scared. Kinda excited. Kinda relieved. Kinda dying inside.

I can feel for you....Mine was only 13 years, but the divorce finalized in March....The circle of feelings is very familiar.

Made my reservations for my first solo trip for this December....It will be interesting to see what feelings I will run through on this trip.

Just breathe deep and let the stresses go.....

faline
08-07-2013, 08:09 AM
Best wishes to you as you enter this new and different phase of your life!

Mrs Bus Driver
08-07-2013, 08:13 AM
I had to end a marriage of 29 years, about 4 years ago. Been quite a struggle since then. As to new beginnings I have finally been able to move from AZ to CT and even start a DVC purchase so am finally moving on. Hold tight to your loved ones and trust yourself, things will get better. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Here's some:pixie: to help you along your new journey.

princessgirls
08-07-2013, 11:07 AM
As you begin this new chapter in your life, may you be blessed!!

New beginnings, new life. Make it great!!!

Julie:mickey:

MNNHFLTX
08-07-2013, 11:14 AM
I can only imagine the myriad of emotions that you are experiencing. Hope that this new stage in your life will bring you only good things. :pixie:

VWL Mom
08-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Wishing you all the best on the next chapter in your life. Good luck and remember we're here for you if things get you down. :hug:

DVC2004
08-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Best wishes to you. I hope all goes well and this is a fresh start. Will be thinking of you!

disney obsessed
08-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Thank you to everyone. Your support is reassuring.

However, I might have misled you. I am not divorced. We have decided that we do not have a marriage anymore. He has his life, I have mine. We will always love one another but we cannot find it in our hearts to meet each others needs. We have both known this has been coming for a long time. Its mutual. The differance will be that now it has been voiced and decided. I do not know what the road ahead will hold. That is why I have the mixed emotions. I see this as an opportunity, but there is still the fear and anxiety of the unknown.

Again, thank you for listening.:rocks:

Mousehead35
08-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Wishing you all the best as you enter into this next chapter of your life!!!!!

NJGIRL
08-08-2013, 01:28 PM
I don't know your situation but I think what you are feeling is normal.

Keep your upbeat attitude and do things you have always wanted to do and you will be fine.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-11-2013, 03:27 PM
I just want to make sure I understand; you are staying married but no longer living together? If that is the case you still might want to consult a lawyer for any ramifications that might come up. Such as; if the other party runs up outrageous debt, technically you are still married so it might be half your problem. Or if you win the lottery for a billion dollars, is half of it then his? Just some things to think about as you begin your new leg of life's journey. And most of all, best wishes!

disney obsessed
08-12-2013, 03:22 PM
Thank you for the advice. I don't really know what were are doing at this point. I guess this is the transition phase. I do know that I need to protect myself and am making progress toward that.