PDA

View Full Version : Some FP+ Questions

Mrs Bus Driver
08-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Okay so I get 3 fp+s a day at 1 park, 4 if I go to MK.
1. I read somewhere (on these boards I believe) that of the 3 I could only get 1 headliner and 2 lesser rides. Is this true?
2. If I can pick 3 headliners if I want, can I pick the same ride more then once?
The reason I ask the second question is that in the past I have gotten fp's for the same ride 2x or more in the same day. :mickey:

gerald72
08-07-2013, 02:10 AM
From what I have heard, you can't repeat attractions.
I believe there's a lot you can't do with FP+ that you could in the past.
Only 3 FP is a big thumbs-down.

I hope they work out some bugs / make some changes in the testing of it.

azcavalier
08-07-2013, 10:18 AM
From what I have heard, you can't repeat attractions.
I believe there's a lot you can't do with FP+ that you could in the past.
Only 3 FP is a big thumbs-down.

I hope they work out some bugs / make some changes in the testing of it.

That's why they're testing it, of course. It would be idiotic to just roll it out to everyone without examining the consequences.

Maybe i'm naive, but I have faith that once they've tested it, seen the unintended consequences and attitudes of those using it, they'll figure out how to make it work so that guests enjoy it.

Ms. Mode
08-08-2013, 10:51 AM
That's why they're testing it, of course. It would be idiotic to just roll it out to everyone without examining the consequences.

Maybe i'm naive, but I have faith that once they've tested it, seen the unintended consequences and attitudes of those using it, they'll figure out how to make it work so that guests enjoy it.

I'm with you here; I think we have to remember that this is the "test" phase. Things are sure to change. :thumbsup:

Polynesian Dweller
08-08-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm with you here; I think we have to remember that this is the "test" phase. Things are sure to change. :thumbsup:

Yep, and Disney is actually not saying testing in the invitation to people but rather still under development. A subtle difference but does imply they are still in the creation process not the testing of final design stage. As you say, things will change.

Main Street Jim
08-08-2013, 06:06 PM
So, with the new wristbands, what is the "logistics" of this at each attraction?

Are there multiple "scanners" at each attraction (much like there were multiple "paper-ticket" machines)?

Do you still get a "paper" FastPass ticket to show to the CM at the attraction when you return? Or, is the FastPass "scanned" to your wristband (via RFID), and you use that when you return?

MrPeetrie
08-09-2013, 08:07 AM
Do you still get a "paper" FastPass ticket to show to the CM at the attraction when you return? Or, is the FastPass "scanned" to your wristband (via RFID), and you use that when you return?

Main Street Jim, I know in my case, I frequently forget my return times and have to refer to the ticket to see what time to come back. If there's no paper ticket, then I'll have to store that information in a smart phone or something because I'm sure to forget my return times!!!

WDWdriver
08-09-2013, 08:25 AM
Are there multiple "scanners" at each attraction (much like there were multiple "paper-ticket" machines)?

No, Jim. A set of two vertical posts and a podium have been installed at the Fast Pass Return position for each FP attraction. A second set is at Merge. Each post contains a RFID reader with an illuminated "Mickey" display near the top of the post. As guests pass between the posts they hold their wristbands up to the reader. The Mickey will glow green if the guest is at the right attraction and within the time window. The screen built into the podium will confirm the valid FP and will display additional info, such as the guest's name, birthday greeting, etc. If it is not a valid FP, Mickey will glow blue and the podium screen message will show the problem, such as "13 minutes past return window". The CM can override the system on the touch screen and admit the guest, just as we can now if there is a valid reason to admit the guest outside the return window time. An override entered on the touch screen at the Fast Pass Return position will automatically give the guest a valid FP reading when they arrive at merge, so they don't get stopped twice. It's actually very cool to see the thing work, and of course it was very costly to install all this stuff at each attraction.

The RFID in the wristband contains all of the guest's FPs for the duration of their visit to WDW. The FP information on the wristband is pre-loaded through the My Disney Experience web site or app, or at one of the MyMagic+ kiosks in the park. The guest simply walks up to Return and holds the wristband up to the reader.

As you can imagine, there are plenty of glitches and problems popping up as guests try to use their wristbands. During the test period we have a Guest Relations CM with us at Greeter to deal with the issues.

The old FP machines are still in place during this test period and are used by the majority of guests who are not participating in the test. So it is a real challenge for the CM at Return to deal with paper FPs as well as the wristbands and podium screen messages. When FP+ is fully implemented the paper FPs will go away and the FP machines at each attraction will be removed.

It's important to mention here that not every guest has to have a wristband to use FP+. In the future all park admission media will be plastic cards with an imbedded RFID chip. So, no more turnstiles with finger scans. All guests will enter by passing through RFID readers. And day-trippers or guests who are not staying at Disney resorts can have Fast Passes loaded on their card at a kiosk in the park. The cards will work at Fastpass Return just as the wristbands do.

Main Street Jim
08-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the info, Ron :)