PDA

View Full Version : Alligator Bayou Murphy Bed ?

Donald Duck
08-06-2013, 08:12 AM
We have booked a preferred room at POR Riverside in December. We requested Alligator Bayou section building 14.

Will booking a preferred room guarantee us a room with a murphy bed ?

Thanks.

Donald Duck

:mickey:

WDWCrazyKaren
08-06-2013, 09:16 AM
From what I understand, all of the rooms in Alligator Bayou have trundle beds (not Murphy beds). Please understand these beds are very small-almost the size of a crib mattress (maybe just slightly larger-but not much). I would say that they would fit the size of a maybe 8 year old, if your 8 year old is not too tall! My youngest daughter at the age of 9 was far too tall to even remotely fit. She ended up making a bed out of extra bedding and sleeping on the floor, rather than sleep with her older sister!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Since the refurb, all of the AB rooms (except some of the accessible ones) have a new Murphy bed in them (replacing the old trundle bed that was found in some rooms).

The bed isn't full size, and is best for kids and smaller adults (up to about 5'2 or so tall).

buzznwoodysmom
08-06-2013, 10:26 AM
OP, I do believe all of the preferred rooms are in alligator bayou, and would include the new Murphy beds that replaced the trundle beds about a year ago.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-06-2013, 10:27 AM
[removed content from outside website]

While the rooms look nicer after the refurb, there is definitely less space. If I recall the murphy bed basically sits where there used to be the armoire and tv, which gave you more drawer space. There are three drawers under the murphy bed that are accessible. There is no space under the beds to hide the luggage. One of the things we did was to bring down a collapsable fabric sweater hanger that we picked up at our local Target. It gave us 6(?) extra cubbies and simply hung from the rod by the vanity/sink area.

Donald Duck
08-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Thanks all for confirming !

I'm aware the Murphy bed is small and there is less space now to store things.

That's a good idea Hitchhiking Ghost.

We are getting 2 Queens, so we will probably store luggage between the bed and the wall by the bathroom and the front door and the bed.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Thanks all for confirming !

I'm aware the Murphy bed is small and there is less space now to store things.

That's a good idea Hitchhiking Ghost.

We are getting 2 Queens, so we will probably store luggage between the bed and the wall by the bathroom and the front door and the bed.

Just as an fyi, the refurb also gives you some space under the two vanity sinks.

One thing you do lose though is the coat hooks. They still have them, but it basically resides over the coffee counter/dorm fridge area, so if you actually had anything larger than maybe a backpack, it would rest/hit the counter. The little shelf space on top is usable, but the coat rack lost a lot of its utility in the refurb.

Donald Duck
08-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Just as an fyi, the refurb also gives you some space under the two vanity sinks.

One thing you do lose though is the coat hooks. They still have them, but it basically resides over the coffee counter/dorm fridge area, so if you actually had anything larger than maybe a backpack, it would rest/hit the counter. The little shelf space on top is usable, but the coat rack lost a lot of its utility in the refurb.

Thank you.

Opus X
08-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Yep...they all have the "murphy" beds or whatever you want to call them. We didn't use it.. We needed the xtra space for our stuff...but we LOVED alligator bayou..Will certainly stay there again.