PDA

View Full Version : Free dining

Disney-Nut
08-05-2013, 08:17 PM
I booked a room only...Am i able to get the free dining? What exactly do i need, to get the free dining package if or when they offer it?

Pirate Granny
08-05-2013, 08:57 PM
If the resort has rooms available, and you must get a two day pass.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Exactly. To get "free dining", you'll have to cancel your room-only reservation, and book a package.

This includes a full-price room, the dining plan and some tickets. Usually it is a 2-day ticket, but each offer varies a bit.

VWL Mom
08-06-2013, 06:44 AM
Since you're booked at AoA, be prepared that you may need to a decision between staying there or having free dining. AoA has been excluded from the recent free dining offers.

luvdiznee
08-06-2013, 08:27 AM
We had to change from AoA to POP. :mickey:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-06-2013, 10:38 AM
Here is some of the criteria from the current offer that was just released.

"Get a free dining plan when you purchase a non-discounted 6-night/7-day Magic Your Way package (includes room and theme park tickets) at select Disney Resort hotels"

So as others have said, you'd need to cancel your room only reservation and switch to a package reservation. I believe deposit and cancellation policies vary between the two programs (room only reservations vs. packages). Also, as others have noted, not all resorts will be part of the offer, and even if they are, there could (most likely will be) limited rooms available, so you need to be prepared for flexibility with your resort choice. And, I believe that it still holds true, with the dining plan, all registered guests on the package all have to have the same package booked (at least for the dining portion anyway).