PDA

View Full Version : All Star Music Vs Pop Century

smallworldmom
08-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Help me decide, please....

Keep my All Star Music reservations or move them to Pop Century.

I have two rooms for our party of 7, with the free dining offer. We have stayed at Pop the last 6 years, and have stayed at Music years ago. What are the pros and cons of each

Kenny1113
08-05-2013, 04:18 PM
I have stayed at both. They are pretty much the samebut prefer POP. Not sure when you are going, I read on the boards that one of the All Star food courts is getting refurb'd. Not sure if it is Music. This may influence your decision if it affects you.

Pirate Granny
08-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Stay at pop, you'll love the food court at A of A across the bridge!

brownie
08-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Did you book before or after the ticket price increase? If you booked before, I think you'll be paying more because of that if you decide to change.

Arielfan98
08-05-2013, 08:15 PM
I've been staying at All Star Music my entire life. Definitely the best hotel on Disney property it has great musical theming and I love the spaghetti and meatballs from the Intermission Food Court.
"Not sure when you are going, I read on the boards that one of the All Star food courts is getting refurb'd. Not sure if it is Music. This may influence your decision if it affects you." -Kenny 1113
This is not ASM, but All Star Sports that is getting this renovation.

linedropper
08-06-2013, 12:31 AM
In ny opinion I would stay at All Star Music! We stayed at pop once and hated it! Dining room was packed and if we wanted to get right on a bus we had to roll out way to early! POP sucked for us!:ack:

JerseyDad
08-06-2013, 08:54 AM
....having stayed at both (POP on 1st Trip in 2004 ...then at ASM later in 2004) ....we immediately decided that we liked POP better ...and made it our go-to resort ever since.

....we like that POP has 'dedicated' buses (hated the 'wait' on the way back from parks at night with the shared buses) ...and the food court had better choices. Yes ...it gets crowded ...because the POP buildings are 4-story compared to the 3-story ones at the All-Stars (= mores rooms) .....so more people head to the food court ...obviously. But POP has just revamped its menu, so the choices appear to be even more varied.

....we'll be back at POP in 18 days.