PDA

View Full Version : Which All Star Resort for one night?

DakotaDisney
08-04-2013, 09:40 PM
On an upcoming trip I need to stay at a different resort for one night before joining the rest of my group at another resort for the rest of the trip. I thought I would stay at one of the All Star Resorts to save money.
I don't get in until 10:00 pm and then will be moving in the morning.
Which All Star Resort would you recommend?
Or do you have another suggestion?

Arielfan98
08-04-2013, 10:42 PM
All Star Music is my favorite hotel and have been going there my entire life! Nicely themed hotel for a reasonable price. I wouldn't recommend All Star Sports because its food court is currently closed. Otherwise All Star Movies is an option. I stayed there once when I was little and it was also nicely themed. I would say your best bets are on All Star Music or Movies :mickey:

MargaretMessler
08-05-2013, 03:30 AM
For only a few hours, wouldn't it be cheaper on the wallet just to stay off site for the night? Just a thought...

azcavalier
08-05-2013, 10:49 AM
For only a few hours, wouldn't it be cheaper on the wallet just to stay off site for the night? Just a thought...
Agreed.

But if you have to stay on-site, just don't go to All Star Sports. Even one night is not worth it, putting up with all of the youth groups that stay there.

brownie
08-05-2013, 11:32 AM
I'd go with All-Star Music for 1 night.

DisneyorBust
08-05-2013, 07:56 PM
I would return to the All Star Sports, then again I would try Music or Movies. I have stayed in at Sports 3 times now and have had good experiences, 2 of those trips were high school sports related as well and had no issues.

thejens
08-07-2013, 10:07 PM
We have done this a few times, staying for just one night at the all star. We liked AS Movies and also Pop. I would not recommend staying in a cheaper place offsite, We did once and there was very little savings and A LOT less magic. :sick: It is worth it, IMHO, to wake up in the world!! :)

DakotaDisney
08-07-2013, 10:27 PM
I thought about staying at a lower price offsite for one night. But if you add in transportation to the hotel and then a longer distance for a taxi to the Disney resort the next day wouldn't it be just as much or even more?

Staying on site that night - you could use magic express and a shorter taxi ride to transfer in the morning.

Travelfanatic1
08-08-2013, 06:53 AM
We have stayed at the All Star Sports several times and have always had a great time.

But as someone posted earlier you may not want to stay there (Sports) until after December due to the food court makeover.:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Pop or Movies! :thumbsup:

Spending a few dollars more for just a room to sleep in is SO worth it for us. Just being in the middle of the magic is worth it. To us, we are already "there". Don't have to worry about still "getting there" if you are staying off property.

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-08-2013, 11:26 AM
I just remembered that there is a Hyatt at the airport if you are getting in late and looking for cost effectiveness.

You can just wake up early in the am and jump on Magical Express. :thumbsup: