PDA

View Full Version : AK introduces "Gardens" special diets kiosk

VWL Mom
08-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Today The Gardens, a snack kiosk for special diets, opened in AK. It is located on Discovery Island near the Adventure Outpost.

According to DFB

Opened daily from 9am until 3pm, the Gardens will be a great resource for guests seeking information about where they can dine within the park. Cast members will be able to discuss best options for guests who have a wide range food allergies or intolerances, including peanuts and tree nuts, lactose or dairy, gluten or wheat, soy, shellfish, fish, corn, and eggs.

In addition to receiving information, guests will also find a selection of pre-packaged snacks that are geared toward guests with special dietary needs. Snacks will include popcorn, chips, hummus and vegetables, granola bars, sweets — and even gluten-free beer!

BabyCakes NYC will also have a selection of vegan sweet treats here as well! And like all of BabyCakes’ baked goods, the sweets will be wheat and gluten-free, and will contain no dairy, casein, or eggs.

Giggy
08-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Sounds a very good idea. :mickey:

In my family we have always been very lucky in terms of no dietary requirements (except when my mother had gallstones so couldn't eat fatty foods :secret: ) but I imagine it must feel restrictive in an unfamiliar environment when you aren't entirely sure if you can eat the food. A friend of mine has a very severe nut allergy and I know she has to be careful where she eats.

PETE FROM NYC
08-06-2013, 06:47 PM
I just wish that they had more diabetic food and drink. I can't drink diet coke for the phosphates, nor diet iced teas for the caffeine. I know they carry diet sprite, but in very few places, and in the shops, not restaurants. At most CS I am limited to Minute maid lite.