PDA

View Full Version : Narcoossee's

PecosBill
08-04-2013, 01:43 PM
My wife and I will be dining at Narcoossee's in September as the fireworks and EWP will be showing. Will we be able to see these from any table? If not, what are your recommendations?

Seeing these from this viewpoint is the MAJOR reason we are choosing to dine here.

Thanks for the help.

Pirate Granny
08-04-2013, 05:08 PM
We had ADR here one year for Christmas Day. We were seated by the window...when fireworks came, there were tons of people standing and leaning against the window OUTSIDE of the restaurant. We complained and the Waiter just shrugged, and said to stand up...I'm not tall, so even that didn't help. We let the girls stand on their chairs. Hopefully they have resolved this issue by barricading the access to the area in front of the restaurant windows. It was a great meal BTW. Enjoy.

faline
08-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Tons of folks crowd onto the patio outside the resaturant to view the fireworks which typically block the view for those seated inside. I'm not aware that they have limited access to this area. Personally, I'd eat prior to the fireworks and then find a location outside from which to view them.

PecosBill
08-04-2013, 06:45 PM
This makes me kind of want to change our restaurant choice...

Pirate Granny
08-04-2013, 07:28 PM
So tell me why can't they do like rosé & crown and allow only people with reservations on the patio?

MargaretMessler
08-04-2013, 07:49 PM
So tell me why can't they do like rosé & crown and allow only people with reservations on the patio?

Same as California Grill, only those with reservations (even if earlier in the evening) could go up and watch.

Katzateer
08-04-2013, 09:45 PM
We had a seating 2 years ago and did plan to watch Wishes. You can NOT see from inside - very disappointed. Last trip we walked out to the outside Patio and watched. You did not have to be eating there to watch from the patio.

I would keep your seating - the food is great. But plan to go out to the patio about 10 minutes before scheduled fireworks. Ask the waiter to hold your food or dessert until the fireworks are over. Or plan your dinner to end before fireworks start. Great view!

PecosBill
08-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the great information. It's unfortunate that the diners cannot take advantage of the location. I think that we will eat elsewhere.

pox24
08-05-2013, 01:15 PM
This is our favorite place to eat. We have been eating there for our anniversary for the past 10 yrs or so. Time your reservation so its fireworks and dessert. Order your dessert, tell the staff not to bring it until the show is over. Go outside, see the show then return and have dessert. This technique has not failed us since we have been going. We will be there again on Sept 8th doing it again.

mdricks
08-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Don’t be hasty....

I’ve done the fireworks thing twice. Once people in the way once not.

In short there isn’t a single restaurant on property that the food will be better for fireworks or worse for their absence. Narc's is a really good meal.

Order dessert and ask your waiter to hold it, go outside and watch then come back.

:number1:

SBETigg
08-05-2013, 01:56 PM
My advice would be to choose restaurants for the food/service/atmosphere. Fireworks and show viewing is always better outside the venue. Even at California Grill, which has spectacular views, the viewing is best out on the observation deck. If the viewing is your goal, plan around that instead. Eat earlier or later and plan to be in the prime place for viewing when the show begins. But, if a great meal is your goal and the fireworks viewing is a nice perk, you should be happy with Narcoossee's.

They will time your service around the viewing, cover your meals or hold courses until after the fireworks. There's also the Electric Water Pageant. Sometimes you can actually see both from your table inside. When we can, it's a nice extra to the meal. And even if you go out for the fireworks, the lower-lying fireworks are not visible from that close to the park due to the trees surrounding MK, most are, but not the lower ones. Also, Citricos has maybe two tables with great views and slightly above the trees but no guarantee on getting a view there and no observation area.

If fireworks and EWP is your goal, my advice would be to eat earlier at Kona Cafe and head out to the Polynesian beach after the meal. The EWP starts at 9 and fireworks time varies. Viewing from the Polynesian beach is about as good as it gets outside the parks if California Grill is not available. You can even bring a little snack or drink out with you from Captain Cook's and settle on the chaise longues along the water.

Polynesian Dweller
08-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Sherri has stated it perfectly. For us its the restaurant with Wishes as an after dinner perk. Narcoosse's is a great meal and viewing the fireworks afterward is a delightful bonus.

k10
08-06-2013, 11:25 AM
the trade-off is that you can get a good view of the Electrical parade. we sat by the windows on the right-hand side, if you're walking in from the hostess stand. we had an excellent view of the Electrical parade. no crowds i believe it starts at 9? it's no firework show, but it's still fun and colorful and something to marvel at. enjoy your reservation. they have such good food. :mickey:

SurferStitch
08-06-2013, 12:09 PM
This is our favorite place to eat. We have been eating there for our anniversary for the past 10 yrs or so. Time your reservation so its fireworks and dessert. Order your dessert, tell the staff not to bring it until the show is over. Go outside, see the show then return and have dessert. This technique has not failed us since we have been going. We will be there again on Sept 8th doing it again.

DH and I do the same thing, and it has always worked out perfectly for us.

In all honesty, I'm not a fan of watching from our table. We do it at CG, but there is always some glare in the window, despite the lights being dimmed. We prefer watching from the deck.

The view from the patio is amazing. This is not a meal to be passed up just because you can't watch the fireworks from your table. It's our favorite restaurant!!

Gauis2001
08-09-2013, 08:50 AM
There is no way to see around the guests on the veranda of Narcoossees while the fireworks are on display. You might want to consider going to Citricos instead. It's on the second floor of the GF and if you can be seated close to the windows you can have a relatively unobstructed view of the fireworks. The downside is not being able to hear the music accompanying the show, but it is an alternative you might consider. Good luck!

Davy Crockett
08-20-2013, 08:09 PM
We requested a window seat and were fortunate to receive it. We had a wonderful view of Wishes and as other have probably already posted all the music and narration is piped into the restaurant. The only negative we had during our experience was a group of inebriated folks from our lovely Northern state of New York who wanted to stand right in front of us (outside on the veranda) during the whole show screaming and literally falling over the benches. Luckily the fine wait staff and Disney Security came and removed them and the reason we knew where they hailed from. Over all great food and a wonderful night. HOPE YOU ENJOY!

spoiledraf
08-20-2013, 11:27 PM
We've timed our dinner at Narcoossees for fireworks several times and its been 50/50 to see well. I've tapped on the glass to get people to move if necessary. We've also watched from the outside making sure not to block anyone's view. We've caught Wishes from the California Grille at a window as well and that's quite a view looking down on much of the show. The best view from both is really outside but it's a pleasant dining experience while seated at your table. Good luck.