PDA

View Full Version : Offsite

bshaw96
08-04-2013, 11:06 AM
We've always stayed on site, except once, and hated that experience. However, we are now a family of 5. DH, myself, 16 year old dd, 13 year old ds, and recently adopted 3 year old ds. Cramming all of us into a value is no longer a fun idea. And we simply can't afford the deluxe or suite prices. We are looking at renting a home for our trip next fall. I hate that as we love being immersed in Disney 24/7, but have to be practical. Anyone have any preferences? Is All Star out best bet? If do, what area is most convenient? Any insight appreciated!

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
08-04-2013, 02:44 PM
I sent you a private message.

Hammer
08-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Not only does All Star Vacation Homes (http://http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/index.asp) have a really nice selection, with some houses that have Disney themed rooms, they are an INTERCOT sponsor. So, by using them you are supporting this site. Win-Win :thumbsup: !

brownie
08-04-2013, 08:56 PM
What about 2 connecting rooms at a value resort? That would give you more space and would probably still be less than a suite or deluxe room.

MargaretMessler
08-05-2013, 03:32 AM
Or a suite at the values? More than two connecting rooms, but is it also less than a deluxe?

disneynarula
08-05-2013, 06:16 AM
We are also a family of five (soon to be six) and we found we were cramped in a family suite. We had a Cars suite. There was almost no storage for suitcases. IMHO it was not worth the money just to stay on property. The beds were very uncomfortable and the pool was overcrowded. Unless I could afford two rooms at a moderate I would not stay on property any more. It's just not worth it. We have considered a cabin at Ft. Wilderness. It's a little more than the family suites but there is a full kitchen and a little more space.

We stayed off site at Windsor Hills for the first week of our two week trip and really enjoyed it. We had a three bedroom condo. It was really roomy. It was so nice to be able to put everyone in their own room. We payed around $75/night last October. We did not rent from All Star but used another company that puts you in contact with the owners directly. I will PM with the information.

Pros:
more space (by a lot)

large full kitchen

very nice pool and not crowded

washer and dryer make it easy to pack light

it was very quiet and peaceful

our condo was actually closer to the MK than the Cars suite at AoA.

close to non Disney eateries (this may be a con for some but we came from overseas so we liked the choices)

Cons:

no EMH

can not get the dining plan (we like to)

if you fly into Orlando you need to rent a car for sure

you have to add $15/day for parking

bshaw96
08-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Thanks! We considered the 2 adjoining rooms but were worried because they couldn't guarantee connecting. And while the older kids are fairly independent, I still want them close. The suites look nice, but pricey to still only have 1 bathroom. I get they are classified as value, but 355.00 night is not our family's idea of value as we will be there 10 nights. That's 4000 in the room alone. I've seen really nice offsite properties. Just used to Disney immersion. HOWEVER, with the new family dynamic, not sure being immersed in a crowded food court and pool is as great as it sounds :)

bshaw96
08-05-2013, 05:08 PM
May not be as great as it sounds*

brownie
08-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Thanks! We considered the 2 adjoining rooms but were worried because they couldn't guarantee connecting. And while the older kids are fairly independent, I still want them close. The suites look nice, but pricey to still only have 1 bathroom. I get they are classified as value, but 355.00 night is not our family's idea of value as we will be there 10 nights. That's 4000 in the room alone. I've seen really nice offsite properties. Just used to Disney immersion. HOWEVER, with the new family dynamic, not sure being immersed in a crowded food court and pool is as great as it sounds :)

Keep in mind that adjoining means the rooms are next to each other while connecting means there's an interior door between the 2 rooms.

Talk to Magical Journeys. I think there's something about getting connecting rooms if there's only 2 adults and the rest of the people on the reservation are minors.