PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian

MichaelMouse
08-04-2013, 12:29 AM
Joined DVC and made my home the GF. Not happy as of now they will not be putting in a pool for the DVC building guests. With the added building and existing buildings, the pools should be extra cramped.......:confused:

Pirate Granny
08-04-2013, 10:10 AM
There was never a plan to put in a new pool for the DVC. There is the beach pool which is located between the buildings. I would expect Management to close hopping to that pool when the DVC opens. They did add a wonderful splash pad just recently in the same area as there was never a kiddie pool at GF. The main pool by the resort is quite large.

SBETigg
08-04-2013, 11:45 AM
The GF has two very spacious pools, each with a pool bar for drinks and snacks. I'm sure it won't be a problem. The courtyard pool is my favorite. It's quiet and lovely for lounging, seldom crowded. I can't imagine overcrowding will be a problem even with the added DVC guests.

MichaelMouse
08-04-2013, 12:42 PM
I hope you are right.

I'm aware of the new play area.

However, what I'm noticing with being a very short DVC member is their is not much exclusivity for DVC members as I guess I expected.....

Even with discounts....many eateries don't honor discounts for DVC members....what's that about?

Not feeling so special after all.......

Hammer
08-04-2013, 01:09 PM
However, what I'm noticing with being a very short DVC member is their is not much exclusivity for DVC members as I guess I expected.....

Even with discounts....many eateries don't honor discounts for DVC members....what's that about?

The discounts, while nice, are really not a primary reason people buy into DVC. Discounts change all the time. The big benefits are the larger accommodations and to have your stays prepaid for many years to come.

spoiledraf
08-06-2013, 01:23 PM
As to the "Crowded Pool". My daughter was at the GF two weeks ago with my grandkids and they were the only faily at the pool two days in a row. That resort is not really a kid friendly resort and that keeps the pool corwds low. I don't think they need another pool.

Belle of the Ball 051411
08-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Pool crowds have never been an issue when we've stayed there. I think there will be plenty of room for the added DVC guests. :)

DVC Mike
08-07-2013, 09:09 PM

DVC is not an exclusive club but a timeshare plan that saves you money on accommodations year over year.

The other perks are temporary and can be withdrawn at any time.

Don't join DVC to feel special.

LynneM
08-14-2013, 07:48 PM
I hope you are right.

I'm aware of the new play area.

If you're still within your recission period, you may want to consider canceling your purchase.

Read the POS that you signed, carefully. You'll find nothing about exclusivity, feeling special, special perks, discounts, etc. In fact, it clearly states that perks are not part of your membership.

What you purchased, essentially, is the right to stay at DVC resorts, subject to availability, for the life of the contract. That's it. You buy DVC because you want a cost-effective way of staying at Disney's villa accommodations. There's no other reason to buy, there's nothing you get by being a DVC owner that you can't get as a non-member except some fairly trivial discounts that are not guaranteed. It's simply a way of pre-paying for lodging.

Regarding the discounts.....most, if not all, don't come from DVC itself. They're offered by other divisions of the Disney company, and other third parties, if it suits their business needs to do so. The contract we sign with DVC includes no discounts. They come and go at the whim of the businesses that provide them.

You're not alone, many people make assumptions about how they think DVC works, and what you get with it. Before deciding whether you want to keep your membership, make sure you go over the documentation and understand what you get, and don't get, with your purchase.