PDA

View Full Version : Disney to Replace...

Main Street Jim
08-04-2013, 12:03 AM
Disney to replace hippo statue taken from young Hudson (Mass) girl’s grave: While undergoing numerous bouts of chemotherapy, Erin Roderick, of Hudson, MA, got a lot of comfort from her stuffed purple hippo. When the 4-year-old lost her battle with brain cancer, her parents placed a statue of a hippo ballerina on her grave. But recently it was stolen, and no one could find a replacement because it was discontinued. But Erin’s mom said that Disney was able to locate the original mold of the statue and is having a replacement made for the family.

Arielfan98
08-04-2013, 12:30 AM
This is great news! Although another Intercot member has already posted about it in the Mousellaneous category. It is titled "Disney Magic Strikes Again!"

vizsla
08-04-2013, 05:00 AM
That is so nice for Disney to help.

mgmnut
08-04-2013, 06:38 AM
That is a nice story, but who would steal a hippo statue from a little girls grave?? What scum!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Yeah, this is essentially grave robbing. I hope that person can't ever sleep again. And I love that Disney stepped forward and is doing this. That's what I love about Disney!

brownie
08-04-2013, 09:11 PM
This is already being discussed here: Disney magic strikes again (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=200607)