PDA

View Full Version : 1988

Scott C
08-02-2013, 11:26 PM
Five weeks from tonight we will be leaving for a week at the poly. This will be the first time that we stayed at the poly since our honeymoon 25 years ago. In preparation for this event, I went to the old disney file cabinet and pulled out our trip info from 1988. Yes, I have kept all of the brochures and such for every trip that I have made since my first when I was nine. I also have my 1988 edition of birnbaums. I have been looking thought this stuff this evening. It is funny how we complain about the various changes to menus and such. But, when you see the cumulative effect of these changes over the last 25 years, it is amazing. Almost all of the resort eateries have been totally changed. A good portion of those in the parks have changed also. Anybody else remember when LeCellier was a cafeteria? It does seem that cafeterias and buffets were more popular at that time. I recall going to a brunch buffet at the Top of the World on Friday morning. It was great. We also had a good breakfast at Tangeroa Terrace. I wonder why the resorts had more restaurants at that time?

Now if I could just figure out our room number. I think that it was 2220 or 2222.......

Anybody else have any 1988 era memories.....

Thanks
Scott C

brie9877
08-03-2013, 12:01 AM
i was there in 89 and i miss Toon Town! i have a picture of me with the cut outs of character from "who framed roger rabbit". i remember a little of the 10,000 leagues ride. wish i could remember more :scratch:

stephicakes
08-03-2013, 07:26 AM
YUP! :thumbsup:

I still have my 1988 "4-Day Worldpassport Magic Kingdom Club" ticket. It is lime green and made of cardboard. As talked about in a another thread somewhere, it has the 4 dates that we visited stamped on the front (in purple boxes).

$91.00 Sales Tax Included :mickey:

sorcerer fan
08-03-2013, 09:17 AM
In 1988 if you belonged to the Magic Kingdom club, you could stay at the Poly for $711 a person for 4 nights, 5 days with breakfast, lunch, and dinner included and use all the facilities used at Disney world, like speedboats etc. and tickets to all parks for your entire stay!

Scott C
08-03-2013, 10:48 AM
I found a receipt from Columbia harbor house.....

Lunch for the two of us with large drinks was $7.00

Thanks
Scott C

brownie
08-03-2013, 12:57 PM
I found a receipt from Columbia harbor house.....

Lunch for the two of us with large drinks was $7.00

Thanks
Scott C

I think you'd be hard-pressed to get lunch for one for that today!