PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian View

seanyred
08-02-2013, 02:44 PM
This December we are staying in one bedroom at GC. Is there anyway of requesting a view or is it just luck of the draw? I am hoping for a World Of Color view.

Checkers
08-02-2013, 10:51 PM
We were there in April in a 2br. I requested a higher floor with a theme park view. We were on the 6th fl. in Villa 6500. It had a WOC view which was great but I must tell you it was a very loud location and if we go again, I will not request a theme park view, just a higher floor (don't want to be on the ground floor). On the 6th floor right beside our villa was a nice viewing area for WOC that many guests used. I really do think they try to accommodate your wishes if at all possible.:mickey:

DizNut42
08-03-2013, 11:25 AM
We asked for a theme park view upon checking in at VGC a couple of years ago. We got it. It wasn't the best view of WOC, but could see a majority of it. Depends on where exactly the room is located. Farther down the hallway would have been a much better view. We were in 4508.

Never hurts to ask - if they have a room of the same category available, you'll likely get it.

BrerGnat
08-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Most theme park view rooms at the GCH and (I assume) Villas will be loud. There is Goofy's Sky School Coaster right next to those rooms, and it is a loud ride with screaming, etc. The theme park view rooms at the resort itself tend to be a bit more quiet since they are closer to Grizzly River Run and Condor Flats.

The World of Color show is VERY loud as well, as are the numerous roving stage shows/parades they do along that promenade during the day.

Just food for thought. If noise doesn't bother you, requesting a theme park view room will be just fine.