PDA

View Full Version : Disney magic strikes again!

IamBelle
08-02-2013, 09:09 AM
So here in MA, there was a heartbreaking story about how some horrible person stole a statue of a purple Fantasia hippo off of a little girl's grave, which left the family heartbroken. Just saw an update on the story, which said that Disney found the mold for the statue and is going to give the family another one. Just shows you that Disney magic can also happen outside of the parks.

Arielfan98
08-02-2013, 11:15 AM
What an inspiring story! It's nice to hear some positive things about Disney for once since everyone is making threads about how they don't like the changes in the parks and how expensive it is. I'm glad Disney can bring the magic out of the parks and into real people's lives and create memories for them like that. Thanks for sharing :mickey:

brownie
08-02-2013, 11:22 AM
From CBS Boston:

Replacement Of Hippo Stolen From Child’s Grave Restores Mom’s Faith
August 2, 2013 9:00 AM

HUDSON (CBS) — A local mom says Disney’s work to replace a Hyacinth hippo stolen from her daughter’s grave has “restored her faith.”

In an interview with WBZ NewsRadio on Friday, Michelle Roderick of Hudson reacted to Disney contacting her the previous day about replacing the hippo.

“They basically said they had heard the story from hundreds of people,” she said. “They had to go back to the manufacturer to see if they had the original mold.”

The mold was not only found. Disney is having a hippo cast for the Roderick family at an overseas manufacturer and custom-painted in Florida before it is shipped to Hudson.

Erin Roderick, who was 4-years-old when she died after a lengthy battle with brain cancer, had been inseparable from her stuffed purple hippo, which she brought to all of her cancer treatments. The stuffed animal was placed in her casket after she died in 2009.

The Disney Hyacinth hippo that was placed at Erin’s grave was stolen June 23.

Michelle Roderick said she was stunned to hear from Disney because it had stopped selling the Hyacinth hippo statues four years ago.

“I’m just totally overwhelmed,” she said. “I just never really expected this from my little letter to the editor to my local paper.”

Roderick said she has heard from friends and other Hudson residents who have gone through the same kind of trauma at cemeteries where their loved ones are interred. “Things have also been taken from their graves,” she said.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-04-2013, 12:53 PM
I love Disney!