PDA

View Full Version : Crazy popcorn tubs questions

Terra
08-01-2013, 04:53 PM
I may need to duck behind a chair away from Mickey shaped tomatoes after I admit this, but I LOVE the popcorn tubs at Disney. I think I buy one almost every time I go.
I use them in my preK room for various little items, my boys use them for bath fun. Just different things.
Does anyone else like them? What do you do with them?

Also, anyone remember this past Christmas [if you were there] the holiday tub with the Mickey Ears top?
Will they bring those back this year? Unfortunately I did not get a chance to get one. Boo! Would love too though.

I saw the Dumbo popcorn holder in the New Fantasyland and thought that was cool, although I didn't get it.

retiredfigment
08-01-2013, 05:47 PM
No Mickey tomatoes from me! I get one every trip. Use them to hold my paint brushes and pens. When I was teaching, I also used them to hold a lot of things in my classroom.

Disney4us2
08-01-2013, 06:19 PM
I have tons of buckets. They are mostly from Disneyland, but I do have some WDW ones as well.

It became a joke while packing them up. I think the count was well over 80 buckets:blush:

I do have the Dumbo bucket, the Mickey Halloween ghost bucket and the Mickey Christmas one. I still didn't get the R2D2 bucket.

SBETigg
08-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Confession: I've never gotten popcorn at WDW. It's just not a snack that calls out to me. But now I want one of those tubs so... maybe.

tinkwest
08-01-2013, 06:46 PM
I've purchased the Ghost Mickey, Santa Mickey, and R2D2 at Disneyland. I use mine to hold my antenna balls.

Kenny1113
08-01-2013, 07:18 PM
I never buy popcorn either, but somehow we have ended up with two tubs. I held on to them for years not knowing what to do with them. We recently got an ice cream maker and I now use the tubs to freeze the ice cream! :thumbsup:

jmj18
08-01-2013, 08:34 PM
I too have many...my children used them in the bath when they were little. Now I use them for popcorn...LOL

:mickey:

DisneyAddict62
08-01-2013, 11:07 PM
I also have several! Really need to get my hands on a Fantasmic one though! Going in November, does anyone know if they still offer them? They didn't have them when we went in 2010.

Terra
08-02-2013, 09:18 AM
I also have several! Really need to get my hands on a Fantasmic one though! Going in November, does anyone know if they still offer them? They didn't have them when we went in 2010.

What??? Was there a special Fantasmic one???

And I don't know what it is, but the popcorn I buy, as opposed to make, tastes so much better! Ha! It's all in my mind I'm sure.

minnie04
08-02-2013, 01:14 PM
I love the ones that are shaped like Mickey. I have a Halloween and Xmas one along with the regular pals. I use the shaped ones to decorate with. Mostly in the kitchen. They are too cute to put away. The pals I used to use in the tub until the kids got too big. Now they are in the cabinet. :mickey:

PirateLover
08-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Love them! DH and I are popcorn fiends! We always get a bucket. My favorites are Ghost Mickey from last years MNSSHP and the R2D2 we got when we were in Disneyland last year. We use them to hold chips and pretzels at parties, and to store smaller portions of our dog's food and treats :mickey::thumbsup::popcorn:

minnie04
08-07-2013, 10:12 AM
*pails oops :D

Kenny1113
08-07-2013, 01:17 PM
We use them to hold chips and pretzels at parties, and to store smaller portions of our dog's food and treats :mickey::thumbsup::popcorn:

These are great ideas for uses! Might have to start purchasing more...even if that means tossing the popcorn. ;)