PDA

View Full Version : Update on Mom

TinkerbellT421
07-31-2013, 09:10 PM
So, for anyone that saw my post back in June.
Mom had a stroke back in June. She was in the hospital for a while then in rehab. That was a long grueling road, however she is doing phenomenal (stroke wise) now. The progress she has made is leaps and bounds.

Then at the beginning of July she was admitted in the hospital again, this time for blood clots in her lungs and leg. She was in the hospital for almost two weeks because of that.

Come to find out, the stroke was caused by a blood clot and the blood clots were caused by a tumor (cancerous) on her lung.

After a long stressful road, we have finally got put on the path for treatment. Today was her official radiation consultation. She should start her first treatment in about two weeks.

She is a stage one lung cancer, and the doctors are highly confident of the radiation basically being a "cure" for it. While they say there is never the 100% gaurantee, it is at least hopeful. She had many scans and tests and it was confirmed that it has not spread, which is such good news. So everyone involved is pretty confident on what the outcome is going to be.

For those of you that are friends with me on Facebook and have been following the process, thank you for all of your kind words and thoughts and prayers, it has helped a lot through this very grueling process.

Thank you all for listening, or rather, reading. I knew my fellow Intercotees would be here for a shoulder to cry on.

Now that we are on the right path to a good outcome, I am officially back on Intercot after a much too long hiatus for stressful hospital, rehabs and doctors.

And by the way, for anyone that saw my post last year about doctors, I haven't found that they get any better!!! But that is a rant for another day!

Arielfan98
07-31-2013, 09:29 PM
Congratulations!! I know she will do well! I hope not to rain on your parade but about a week ago my uncle passed away from lung cancer. He started off with colon cancer then was treated then the cancer spread to his lungs. He will forever be missed but I am glad that there is hope in this world that people like your mother can survive. Once again congratulations I understand exactly how hard it is to go through with this. Best of luck.

tinkwest
07-31-2013, 10:06 PM
I'm sure it feels good to the entire family to have a specific path to follow now.

Pirate Granny
08-01-2013, 07:07 AM
Best wishes and wonderful that they caught it so soon. My dad was stage 4 when they found it...Non smoker...miss him.

Wonderful news about your mom about her rebound from the stroke and treatment outlook.

VWL Mom
08-01-2013, 07:17 AM
I'm so glad to hear that she's beginning treatment, sending only positive thoughts.

Good to have you back :hug:

TinkerbellT421
08-01-2013, 07:28 AM
Thank you all! :grouphug::grouphug:

I'm sorry arielfan and pirate granny for your losses.

Yes my mom is extremely lucky they caught it so soon.

disney obsessed
08-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Good luck!

My mom never would have agreed to treatment. Savor the time.

faline
08-01-2013, 09:41 AM
Hope all goes well with your mom's treatment!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-04-2013, 02:12 PM
Prayers and Pixie dust to your mom for a successful treatment plan and speedy recovery. I'm glad they caught it so quickly.

TinkerbellT421
08-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Thank you!! :mickey: I feel very blessed and lucky.

Disney4us2
08-04-2013, 11:00 PM
Continued prayers and pixie dust.... glad that she has a treatment plan.

DVC2004
08-05-2013, 12:32 PM
I am glad for her progress and also, it is good they feel her cancer is treatable. Continued prayers and pixie dust to your mom, you and your family! And thank you for keeping us posted. I wish you all the best.