PDA

View Full Version : AK - Extra Magic Evening Hours

mermaidmarian
07-30-2013, 08:14 PM
Refresh my memory - what is the reason AK doesn't offer evening Extra Magic hours? I've heard it has to do with (1) low attendance or (2) feeding schedules for the animals or (3) something else I can't remember. I believe however that when I was there one December, there were EM hours at AK.

It seems like a place I would really like to spending evening hours.

DizneyFreak2002
07-30-2013, 09:12 PM
Refresh my memory - what is the reason AK doesn't offer evening Extra Magic hours? I've heard it has to do with (1) low attendance or (2) feeding schedules for the animals or (3) something else I can't remember. I believe however that when I was there one December, there were EM hours at AK.

It seems like a place I would really like to spending evening hours.
Truth? Cost of labor... TDO rather take EMH away to save on labor costs than give guests those extra perks... It is simply a money saving scheme... more cuts, higher price.. The DISNEY way...

MargaretMessler
07-30-2013, 09:35 PM
They actually do still have them - although not very often - during the seasons where sunset is later. I was there in May 6 years ago, and again just this past May, evening EMH offered both times, though we didn't partake this year.

I loved them, honestly. Rode EE 5x with no wait in between, and if I remember correctly we also went on one of the last Kilimanjaro Safari rides of the day too. No waits for ANYTHING where EMH was offered because for most people AK is a leave by 4pm kind of park.

MickeysBestPal
07-31-2013, 01:46 AM
1- They actually do still have them - although not very often - during the seasons where sunset is later.

2- I was there in May 6 years ago, and

3- again just this past May, evening EMH offered both times...

1- I believe that you must be mistaken.

2- Yes, they offered PM EMH at DAK for years.
But, they dropped PM EMH at DAK, altogether, starting in February of 2010.

3- I don't think that was the case this year, although DAK does stay open later "regular hours" during the summer.