PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours

chefmickey3
07-29-2013, 08:26 AM
We rode Star Tours on our 2 week trip four times the first week and twice the second week. The first week we got the exact same sequence except one time we got the Storm Troopers instead of Darth Vader at the beginning. It wasn't until the very last time we rode it that we got all but one new elements. Anyone else notice it is not randomizing? It was a little disappointing because we like the fact that there are so many variations. I asked a CM and he told me it was coincidence. I have taken statistics classes and find it improbable that it would be exactly the same four times.

PopPhan
07-29-2013, 08:29 AM
Were you in the same vehicle each time? Were they back-to-back rides? These are the types of things to take into account as far as the variability goes.

Sounds like you were just in the wrong 'car' at the wrong time.

MargaretMessler
07-29-2013, 09:16 AM
I found that when I went to the left for a ride car and went to the right made a big difference on the variations.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
07-29-2013, 02:52 PM
I sort of did this same post when we got back from our trip last December, I wanted to know if I had hit all the variations.

I'm assuming these are still the current variations:

The rebel spy beginning will begin with one of these characters
Darth Vader
Scan droid

First planet stop you can visit
Hoth (Empire Strikes Back battle)
Kashyyyk
Tatooine (Pod racing scene)

You will receive a hologram message from
Princess Leia
Yoda
Admiral Ackbar

Second planet stop you can visit
Naboo (Phantom Menace battle)
Coruscant (Clone wars battle)
Geonosis (Death Star battle)

So while there are technically some 60 variations, its not hard to duplicate when its really 2-3-3-3 for scene variations.

I know it took us nearly a dozen times before we finally got the Naboo variation. We seemed to get either Hoth or Tatooine for the first series of planets then mostly Geonosis or Coruscant for the other.

Kayshhyk and Naboo were rarities for us.

brownie
07-29-2013, 04:09 PM
It does seem to vary more if you get into a different "ride vehicle."

ls1jt
07-30-2013, 08:57 AM
I rode it twice in 2011, got the same exact thing both times.

This year, got the wookie planet twice to start, but then it started to mix up with Yoda, Princess, no Vader at the start, etc.

My wife thought I was crazy for wanting to ride it so many times, haha.

MOJoe
07-31-2013, 11:22 AM
I have been on Star Tours back to back on several occaisions. Several times the elements were nearly identical. On one trip i got really tired of seeing so many Wookies!
But anyway, on my last trip i was determined to see All the variations in one mini marathon. After 12 tries, i gave up, seeing them all except the Death Star battle.
Random is what random does!