PDA

View Full Version : DVC Resale ?

Poohbear88
07-28-2013, 03:10 PM
I just want to make sure I understand this correctly. If I buy DVC resale I can't use points for cruises, adventures correct? Do I still get the other perks like cheaper passes, discounts on food and item purchased? Any help is appreciated!!

Any other reasons why I wouldn't want to do resale? I am not interested in the places to stay. I like the boardwalk area.

faline
07-28-2013, 04:31 PM
Yes, Disney changed the rules a few years ago so now you typically can only use your points to stay at Disney Vacation Club resorts rather than for stays outside that. As far as I know, the other member perks still apply even on resale.

VWL Mom
07-28-2013, 04:38 PM
Currently the only restrictions for resale is that you cannot use the points to make reservations within the Concierge Collection, the Disney Collection or the Adventurer Collection. If you plan on using the points for DVC resorts or RCI exchanges, resale is the way to go.

You will get all the perks and discounts currently available to members.

It seems like Disney has dropped back a bit on taking contracts. For a while they were taking back al BWV contracts that crossed their desk.