PDA

View Full Version : Good bye Disneyland

Disney4us2
07-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Yesterday was my last time at Disneyland. Don't know when we will make it back to California.

We arrived early. Went to the River Belle and had a quick breakfast. I saw when I went to pay that I left my other debit card in the car.

I dropped Jessica off at Captain EO. She just kept seeing it over and over until I got back. Before leaving, I picked up two fastpasses for Space Mountain...later on this saga. Before heading back into the park. I went to the ticket booth to update my card info, pay (almost) the balance on our passes, and upgrade my pass to the Premier pass. I really don't want the monthly payments while trying to see what I will be paying for rent and utilities.

That done, picked up Jessica from Capt. EO... cross one item off of the bucket list. Headed over to DCA. Up next was the Aladdin show. We saw the first show and it went great up to a certain point. It was during the scene where they are singing "A friend like me". All the sudden "Carpet" ran off the stage... the music stopped and there was a delay until it picked up at the next scene. The rest of the show went on without a hitch. Cross item #2 off the bucket list.

Lunch was a Whitewater Snacks. Jessica just had to get her chicken nacho's. That is one of our favorite places. Item # 3 off the list.

Off to Toy Story... just before boarding, I checked my phone. Our friends had arrived. We met up at Goofy's Sky School. The girls went on a few rides while Beverly and I chatted.

I had picked up a fastpass for Racers and it was a great time... and we won the race. It was getting near dinner. Where to eat.... It was either Flo's V8 or the Plaza Inn. The Plaza won out and we had our fried chicken dinner... good choice.:thumbsup:

Disneyland was crowded at this time. We sent the girls to the Matterhorn to do single rider. After that Jessica wanted to ride the Storybook Land Canal boats. We had a great tour guide. He was making jokes and was better than the Jungle Cruise skippers. We then headed over to Space Mountain.. The ride was down when Jessica was trying to use the two FP I had got earlier. The return time was 9:40am. We were there late in the night. I explained to the attendant about the ride being down. She looked up the log and gave the girls a special pass. Whooohoo.

I was exausted by this point. We headed back to DCA to meet up with our other friends who joined us during our dinner. We all parted, saying our good byes and taking pictures. That was the hard part. Hopefully Beverly and Lisa will make it out to FL next summer.

Jessica really wanted to see Capt EO one last time, with me. I gave in and we went back to DL, just for that. That really ends our day at DL/DCA.

It was really sad leaving Disneyland. That has been our home and always will be. Jessica literally grew up there. She has been going since she was 15 mos old. WDW will be a great new adventure to us as passholders. Nothing will replace our time and memories at Disneyland.

Only a few regrets.. I didn't get to go on Pirates. They have a great handicap line there and you don't need to transfer to a wheel chair like in WDW. We also didn't make it to Haunted Mansion and some of the Fantsyland attractions. I guess that will just have to wait until we make a return visit. All in all, I nice day for our last Disneyland visit

BrerGnat
07-28-2013, 08:12 PM
Oh Marci, I can totally relate. Our last day at Disneyland before we moved was so hard for me. I still miss it terribly. :(

On the bright side, you are moving to Orlando so it should be an easy transition for you to making WDW your "home."

VWL Mom
07-28-2013, 08:22 PM
It sounds like your last day (for now) at DL was wonderful. A nice way to close that chapter in your lives.

tinkwest
07-29-2013, 11:16 AM
A very moving Trip Report. I would have a hard time deciding which attractions, shows, food, and shops to include on a good bye visit. I'm glad you had such a successful day and that you were able to share it with friends.
On to WDW!