PDA

View Full Version : Terrible customer service at Public Storage

Disney4us2
07-26-2013, 06:12 PM
I finished packing my china and had 3 dish packs left that I got at public storage. Can't find the recipt for it. Public storage won't take returns without the recipt. It has their name and price on it and is sealed. Those are expensive at almost $10 each. I WILL NEVER USE PUBLIC STORAGE AGAIN..... end rant.:mad:

Next time... Uhaul boxes

Basket Mommy
07-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Most places these days won't do anything w/o a receipt, and it's because of unscrupulous people who take things off shelves and try to "return" them for money they never spent (in no way am I implying that you're one of those people). One bad apple ruins it for the rest of us. I'm not sure how this is bad customer service, though. It's their policy and they're sticking to it. It may not seem fair, but that's business. Next time put the receipt in a safe place.

SBETigg
07-26-2013, 10:27 PM
Terrible service, and I'm sorry you have to deal with it on top of the hassle of moving.

VWL Mom
07-27-2013, 06:59 AM
Most places these days won't do anything w/o a receipt, and it's because of unscrupulous people who take things off shelves and try to "return" them for money they never spent (in no way am I implying that you're one of those people).

Sad but true.

Sorry this happened Marci, hopefully the move is smooth sailing from here on.

mgmnut
07-27-2013, 08:21 AM
I feel for you, I am aweful with receipts. I swear I can lose a reciept in less than 5 minutes. Luckily lots of places will still give you store credit if you have to return something without a receipt.

Disney4us2
07-28-2013, 01:36 PM
Whooohoooo..... I found the recipt.

Now I just have to get to Fl and find a doctor. Need to have a minor surgery. Ugh... as if I didn't have enough going on right now.

tinkwest
07-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Now I just have to get to Fl and find a doctor. Need to have a minor surgery. Ugh... as if I didn't have enough going on right now.

When it rains, it pours. Thinking of you during your journey! :drive:

DVC2004
07-29-2013, 12:21 PM
Sending you positive thoughts- so much going on. Wishing you well!