PDA

View Full Version : My wrist bands arrived today

epcot linnie
07-25-2013, 10:44 PM
I got the email and letter inviting us to log on and try out the wrist bands and fast pass+. It was all pretty easy. I was able to pick wrist band colors and fast pass times. I was a bit skeptical, but everything went so smoothly. The wrist bands arrived within about 24 hours. Our trip is in 2 weeks and now we are so excited to think we don't have to run all over collecting our fast passes. Our room/ dining reservations, tickets, room keys, fast pass....all in one!

DisneyDawgette
07-25-2013, 10:47 PM
Glad to know that it went smoothly! Let us know what you think of them after your trip! :)

ANG
07-26-2013, 07:54 AM
Yes, please update us about your experiences!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-26-2013, 09:01 AM
Hope you have a great trip! The more I think about it, the more I would love to test it all out this trip ... but we're not getting "chosen".

Either way, a Disney day is a good day!

tadshome
07-26-2013, 10:33 AM
We were hoping that we would be "chosen" to try the wristbands and fast pass+ but it was not to be. I would love to know how you get on.

epcot linnie
07-27-2013, 08:30 AM
I am not sure how we were picked. A few days ago, about 2 1/2 weeks before our trip date, a letter arrived express UPS asking us to log on a website and start to make our fastpass+ choices. That process went smoothly. We were given a choice of one park for each day then a list of possible Fast Passes. There appeared to be many more than previously available at the parks (Space Ship Earth, Pirates, etc) on our trip 8/2012. Each day we were given 3 choices for that day, all must be at the same park. Then a list of those fast passes was shown with 4 possible time options. Once we chose our favorite time slots the next page offered us an option to tweak any times. The times given averaged about two hours apart. Our reservations for meals and hotel were then linked together. We chose wrist band colors for each member of our family. The next morning a box arrived at our door step. It contained all of the bands in a very impressive display all themed to The Incredibles movie. The wrist bands are removable, not like at a concert where you have to cut them off, so it isn't necessary to sleep or shower while wearing it. I don't see mentioned if they are waterproof but I am guessing they are, otherwise Kali River Rapids and Splash Mt could be an issue. My daughters are excited to try this out. They are 17 and 21 and still find it all very exciting! How were we chosen? I don't know if it is random, or if it is because we have returned for a week each August for at least the past 10 years. Either way, we will be sure to post here as the week goes on to let you know of successes and glitches,

MyDisneyworld
07-28-2013, 04:02 PM
That is so cool. Thanks for the info and please make sure to update us after your trip.
Have a great trip.

VWL Mom
07-28-2013, 04:27 PM
We were hoping that we would be "chosen" to try the wristbands and fast pass+ but it was not to be. I would love to know how you get on.

At the end of August testing is taking place for those staying at CR. I had to call Disney tech yesterday and that's what I was told. I had linked my AP in hopes that BLT was part of the CR trial but it's not. I also found out (which was the reason for my call) that currently APs are not compatible with the MyDisneyExperience program. You go through the steps to link it but when you try to pull it up an error message shows. It is being worked on but for now no FP+ for AP holders. :(

DisneyDawgette
07-28-2013, 05:40 PM
My Dad got an email yesterday asking him to complete the same process for the upcoming trip in October! They just spent nine days at POR, but they aren't scheduled to stay at CR or BLT! No idea how it happened, but they're very excited to pick out their bands and FP+! :)

biggun35
07-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Anyone know what happens if you decide to go to a different park than the one you picked in advance? Would you still be able to get fast passes at the other park?