PDA

View Full Version : Yorkshire Fish Shop/Columbia Harbour House

mydisneygirls
07-25-2013, 02:35 PM
We have been many times to CHH but my daughter wants to try Yorkshire Fish Shop (never been). How do they compare to each other?

cer
07-25-2013, 02:47 PM
CHH is a full on counterservice restaurant with a full menu, soups, salads, sandwiches, fish, shrimp and/or chicken baskets with indoor seating.

The Yorkshire Fish Shop is more like a food kiosk. They only serve fried fish and chips, drinks and I believe I saw a cookie on their menu. There is also only outdoor seating.

I have never been to the Yorkshire Fish Shop, tell your daughter I want to go there, too!

Bay Lake
07-25-2013, 03:21 PM
In my opinion they don't even come close, I think of CHH as counter service plus. I mean Lobster Rolls.:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-25-2013, 03:29 PM
Yorkshire Fish Shop at the UK is an outdoor Counter service that serves fish n chips and they are out of this world good. There is outdoor seating around World Showcase Lagoon to sit and enjoy them.

We like CHH too, just not as authentic as UK

mydisneygirls
07-25-2013, 03:33 PM
I'm glad I asked. Didn't know there was no indoor seating (going in August). But, maybe I'll let her give it a try and me and my other daughter can choose a different place. I do like fish but I've already wanted to try something I can't get every day! Any suggestions of a counter service in Epcot. Oh, does the bakery in France still have the ham and cheese croissants?

CanadianWDWFan
07-25-2013, 05:03 PM
We always head straight to Morocco for Tangerine Cafe. It is one of our favourite CS places around. They do some pretty good shwarmas among other things.

retiredfigment
07-25-2013, 05:34 PM
Yorkshire Fish and Chips is a must for us. If you just want to try it, you could always order just one meal and sort of share it as a snack.

Hammer
07-26-2013, 12:02 AM
Any suggestions of a counter service in Epcot. Oh, does the bakery in France still have the ham and cheese croissants?

The ham and cheese croissants are still there and still count as a snack credit (if you are using the dining plan). There are also many other things on the menu which you can try, such as 2 types of quiche, cheese plate, Nicoise or Lyonnaise salad, soups and much more. I had the Quiche Lorraine and it was delicious!

AgentC
07-26-2013, 12:41 AM
I am not a big fan of the Yorkshire Fish Shop but I am super picky about my fried fish so I might not be the best judge.

For counter service I agree that the Tangerine Cafe and the bakery in France are good options. I also like the quick serve in Norway even though it is mainly sandwiches and pastries.

ANG
07-26-2013, 07:58 AM
We do Yorkshire all the time. You can go sit by the lagoon behind the shop or bring your food into the gardens and listen to the band play. There are only a couple of tables, but I don't see that as necessary since you are eating fried fish. And we like talking with people in the UK

#1donaldfan
07-26-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm glad I asked. Didn't know there was no indoor seating (going in August). But, maybe I'll let her give it a try and me and my other daughter can choose a different place. I do like fish but I've already wanted to try something I can't get every day! Any suggestions of a counter service in Epcot. Oh, does the bakery in France still have the ham and cheese croissants?

I know it's a bit of a walk, but ..... two of the four of our typical group LOVE the Yorkshire Fish Shoppe, and the others LOVE Sunshine Seasons.....so we will go get our fish n chips, and walk back to Sunshine to soak up the AC and eat with the others.......:thumbsup:

joonyer
07-26-2013, 01:28 PM
We love to "getaway" upstairs at the CHH during a busy crowded MK day. Nice place to enjoy a relatively "quiet" lunch and not nearly as crowded and noisy as Cosmic Ray's or Pecos Bill's. I like the chowder and salad, and my DW always gets the tuna sandwich.

I think the fish 'n chips at Yorkshire County Fish Shoppe are really good too, but it's all outdoor seating.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
07-29-2013, 02:34 PM
We like them both and comparatively for fish and chips, pretty much equal. You can also get beer at Yorkshire.

My biggest disappointment with Yorkshire (or better put frustration) was that as others have said its basically an outdoor food kiosk. If all you do is fish and chips, and its lunch time, you should pretty much plan on making lots of everything. It was really frustrating how long it took to get thru the lines. My kids did autographs and photos with Mary Poppins next door and were done long before I got my food.

So watch the lines if you decide to eat there, it is popular.

mydisneygirls
07-29-2013, 04:02 PM
The ham and cheese croissants are still there and still count as a snack credit (if you are using the dining plan). There are also many other things on the menu which you can try, such as 2 types of quiche, cheese plate, Nicoise or Lyonnaise salad, soups and much more. I had the Quiche Lorraine and it was delicious!

I didn't know the croissants were a snack credit!!!! Yeah, since we always have so many snacks left (yes we're on the dining plan). I think the plan will be to let DD1 get her fish n chips at Yorkshire and I'll head to the bakery!!! Thank you all!

disneynarula
08-08-2013, 12:56 PM
We always head straight to Morocco for Tangerine Cafe. It is one of our favourite CS places around. They do some pretty good shwarmas among other things.

IMHO it's the best CS in WDW!

MNNHFLTX
08-08-2013, 03:09 PM
I really like Columbia Harbour House, but if we're comparing Fish and Chips, the Yorkshire comes out way ahead, IMO. Sounds like you have a good plan in place. As far as outdoor seating, don't forget you can always grab a seat at the base of the infamous Gary's Column in the UK pavilion. ;)

Davy Crockett
08-20-2013, 08:17 PM
Love the CHH! Always a dining destination while at the Kingdom. Their menu beats the standard burger & fries offering especially when you have kiddies. :thumbsup:

Susan A
08-24-2013, 11:14 PM
We got fish n chips at Yorkshire about 10 years ago and the fish was awful. Very mushy. I hope they have improved.
I love the CHH. After going there with a tour, I've been back twice. Be sure to sit upstairs.

Mitzie
08-28-2013, 02:54 PM
We have tried the fried fish at CHH, UK in Epcot and Cooks of Dublin at DTD..I felt UK had the best fish. Love all the spots though and would return to any of them in a heartbeat. In August heat the CS locations in Epcot in WS that have indoor seating...France, Japan, Morocco, Mexico, China is ify, America..I think that is a complete list..someone come along and edit as needed.