PDA

View Full Version : Take it or Leave it: Same Attraction in Disneyland and Disney World

DisneyDINK
07-25-2013, 12:36 PM
John & Co., I hope I'm not overstepping, but I thought I'd throw up a poll to ask about this episode's Take it or Leave it.

Here's the description from the Episode 53 post:

- INTERCOT’s Take It or Leave It! Where is out theme people? Attractions / Rides on both coasts. Christine likes originality and says Leave It. Ian doesn't have a strong opinion but says Take It! Melanie wants to Leave It - and like Christine likes going to different parks just to see attractions. John splits the panel and says Take It!

Of course, you can get clarification by listening to the podcast, but...

- Take it means rides like Soarin' (Over California), Tower of Terror, Little Mermaid Ride, etc. You build a ride in one place and you should automatically build it on the other.

- Leave it means rides like the Matterhorn, SSE, Expedition Everest that make each resort (WDW or DL) a unique experience. You shoudn't build so many of the same thing on both coasts.

Dulcee
07-25-2013, 02:29 PM
There should be an in between option here... some rides duplicated, some left to give each park a unique experience.

I wouldn't want an identical MK in California but I love the opportunity to experience a part of the park through Soarin'...

DisneyDINK
07-25-2013, 03:01 PM
There should be an in between option here... some rides duplicated, some left to give each park a unique experience.

A good idea in hindsight, but I can't edit the poll, I don't think.

Mommy2allgirls
07-25-2013, 03:33 PM
If I had to pick I'd take it! It's not easy for me with 5 kids to get to Disneyland so I like I can do some of the main attractions at Walt Disney World. I do like however that there are attractions specific to each resort so that I can still hope to make hubby take us to Disneyland

Ms. Mode
07-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Wow, that's a tough question! I had to vote for leave it. How could I ever talk my DH into a trip to DL if we can ride all those rides in FL? :confused:

mickeyman42
07-26-2013, 10:40 AM
i say take it! Coming from Eastern Canada its hard enough to get to florida. California would be an all day haul and 2 days on the way back! I like that most of the major attractions are on both coasts so I dont feel like I'm missing much by not going to DL, but If we one day decide to go to DL I also like that it wont be an exact copy so we can experience some new rides as well.

BriarRose0708
07-26-2013, 04:12 PM
I will take it! I am really looking forward to going to Disneyland one day and comparing my experiences. I had once heard DLR vs. WDW as "Disney World is about quantity, where as Disneyland is more quality." I think he was referring to Magic Kingdom attractions exclusively, but there's also the atmosphere and theming around the parks to consider. So even though I can't speak from personal experience right now, I will take it.

Quadstriker
07-26-2013, 04:34 PM
TAKE IT for the classics. Mansion. Pirates. True that.

LEAVE IT for everything from this point forward.

I don't need more Carsland in Florida.
Don't come to me in 10 years and try to sell me on Avatarland in California.

Stop it. Stop recycling content. Do something new. Give folks a reason to want to visit both coasts.

GMRO
08-02-2013, 03:23 PM

Stop it. Stop recycling content. Do something new. Give folks a reason to want to visit both coasts.

AGREED!

But how do you label a classic vs everything else?

CARS could become a classic...in the future.

Pirates and Haunted M - sure those are easy. But FUTURE creations - what is a classic? Isn't that deemed by TIME?

Wondering...

Melanie
08-02-2013, 04:13 PM

I think that's basically what I said. If not, this is what I meant to say. :D

TinkerbellT421
08-02-2013, 05:49 PM

This!!!!!

As of now I can't afford to make it to California. However, I will make it there someday, and when I do, I don't want to see the things I experience at the world every year. I want something new and exciting or different, that's why I would even be there to begin with. Except for the classics, just like quad striker said. :thumbsup:

Melanie
08-02-2013, 05:56 PM
Except for the classics, just like quad striker said. :thumbsup:

And the nice thing is, even the 'classics' aren't exactly the same. Pirates and Space Mt. are WAAAAY different (aka better) at Disneyland, IASW has characters, and Splash, Big Thunder and Haunted Mansion are just enough different to make it interesting.

Lacy
08-16-2013, 11:24 PM
I'm with most that it is not a straight answer.

I voted take it because I think there are certain attractions like pirates, small world, etc that all Disney parks should have and I love Tower on both coasts BUT I think it has to be done right and there should be some unique characteristics of each location.

When I don't like this is things like Soarin' - in my opinion it is a great ride technology but why on earth is the movie the exact same in Florida? Who wants to watch a movie about California when visiting WDW and even to have DL at the end. This would have been much better had they done a different movie and other affects but keep the general concept and technology. Give us a reason to need to see it in both places! Is there still talk of a new film for WDW?

PopPhan
08-26-2013, 07:56 AM
"Classic" rides can, and probably should, be in all parks -- PotC, JC, HM, etc. -- but mix it up with some of the newer rides/attractions.

Don't make each park a 'cookie cutter' park -- make one template and stamp each new park/ride/attraction out of the same mold -- change it up. Give me a reason to want to go to other Disney parks. I would like to have something new and different (to me anyway) to experience.

The Horned King
08-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Classic rides I deem as ones with cult followings such as pirates and haunted mansion and even to a degree mr toads wild ride and 20,000 leagues under the sea.

I prefer to see different and original rides at the different parks as it provides me with a reason to visit the different sites. If disneyland paris was a carbon copy of florida I wouldn't go. But it has some unique attractions that pull me there. Cinemagique for example.