PDA

View Full Version : Single Rider Queues

PopPhan
07-25-2013, 10:56 AM
Is there a comprehensive list of all attractions, in each park, with Single Rider queues? I am preparing for my first solo excursion to WDW and would like to be able to 'plan' these attractions in advance.

I looked in Info Central and couldn't (quickly) find one.

Thanks!!!!

VWL Mom
07-25-2013, 11:05 AM
The ones I'm sure of are RnRC, Everest, and Test Track.

gerald72
07-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Yes, only those 3

Bay Lake
07-25-2013, 01:21 PM
Mission Space??

PopPhan
07-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Thanks!!! For some reason, I thought there would be more. I guess that makes planning easy!! :D

Capt_redshirt
07-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Mission Space??

No there is only a green line and an orange line..

IloveJack
07-25-2013, 01:41 PM
In our experience, RnRC took just as long in the single rider line as the posted standby time, and much longer than the FP line. DH and I both tried it, both had the same problem.
Everest was super quick, all 4 times we used it. I don't know about TT.

Altair
07-25-2013, 07:11 PM
I don't know about TT.

It works great at Test Track. :thumbsup:

MargaretMessler
07-25-2013, 07:40 PM
I really thought the 3 mountains had single rider lines as well

AvonleaCF
07-26-2013, 08:35 AM
I really thought the 3 mountains had single rider lines as well

Nope. I've done a few solo trips and very few rides have them. Sometimes when you get close to the loading zone they'll call out for single riders and you can move up (that's happened to me on Space only). Splash and Thunder they just let go with empty seats (they usually don't pair up strangers on those two cause they're bench seating instead of individual seats).

K8screen
07-26-2013, 10:34 AM
If you are thinking of going to Universal, the single rider lines there are much more useful. On my last but one trip, with DD2, we rode Men in Black 8 times using the single rider line (we are very competitive!) in the time it would have taken us to ride once from the main line (we picked out somebody and checked where he was each time we passed, when we gave up he still wasnt on). Each time we were either in the same car as each other, or the one facing. Last trip with DBF I got him on Jurassic Park ride quickly through the single rider line. He would have chickened out if we had to wait. I have never understood why WDW SR lines work less well

Capt_redshirt
07-26-2013, 12:15 PM
If you are thinking of going to Universal, the single rider lines there are much more useful. On my last but one trip, with DD2, we rode Men in Black 8 times using the single rider line (we are very competitive!) in the time it would have taken us to ride once from the main line (we picked out somebody and checked where he was each time we passed, when we gave up he still wasnt on). Each time we were either in the same car as each other, or the one facing. Last trip with DBF I got him on Jurassic Park ride quickly through the single rider line. He would have chickened out if we had to wait. I have never understood why WDW SR lines work less well

I think it has to do with the boarding procedure the only time they pull from the SR line is when they need one so with many large families going together it makes it hard to put one person on

BowTie7
07-26-2013, 05:35 PM
The best single rider lines are for rides that have three across seating. On both Men in Black and Test Track, they are usually putting a single rider in the majority of the rows. Most of the other rides have an even seating number and only need a single rider when a group with an odd number is seated. Rides that are popular with larger family groups usually work better with single rider, as they will sometimes fill seats with single riders and put the group in the next row/car. I wish that Toy Story Midway Mania had single rider, it used to at Disneyland. At Disneyworld, I always find it unfortunate that so many vehicles go out with empty seats (plus its harder to get to the bonus points on some of the games with only one person shooting from the car).

MargaretMessler
07-26-2013, 06:28 PM
I wish that Toy Story Midway Mania had single rider, it used to at Disneyland. At Disneyworld, I always find it unfortunate that so many vehicles go out with empty seats (plus its harder to get to the bonus points on some of the games with only one person shooting from the car).

It does seem an attraction that is tailor made for it. Not even sure where they would add one at a later date though if the powers that be were to agree :confused:

sportsguy2315
07-29-2013, 07:29 PM
It does seem an attraction that is tailor made for it. Not even sure where they would add one at a later date though if the powers that be were to agree :confused:

When I did it in 2011, it wasn't the most clear. You would go through the regular queue with everyone else, up to the point where they would ask how many in your party. Say you're a single rider, and you are lead down a separate staircase to the load area.