PDA

View Full Version : Napoli or Coral Reef

korkelsmom
07-24-2013, 10:33 AM
We are trying to decide on an ADR for Epcot for our January trip....any recommendations it is down to a decision between Napoli or Coral Reef?

SBETigg
07-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Two very different places. I'll try to be fair. Via Napoli is one of our new favorites. The pizza is delicious and it's a fresh, fun kind of place to recharge. But really, it's not much for atmosphere inside (though the Italy Pavilion is loaded with atmosphere).

Coral Reef is all about atmosphere, though the food is hit or miss. We had one of our worst experiences ever at Coral Reef over ten years ago and will never return (though I'm sure it's very much improved). It can be a little loud, but it's dark and cool and fun to watch the fish. So it really depends on what your mood is for the day. If you make ADRs at one, chances are you could shift to the other if you change your mind as it nears. And if you're pressed for time or prefer not to linger long over a meal, choose Via Napoli because a Coral Reef dinner can be a very slow process.

Belle of the Ball 051411
07-24-2013, 11:11 AM
I've never dined at Coral Reef but LOVE Via Napoli. The food is delicious. We've also always had great service there.

mgmnut
07-24-2013, 11:15 AM
We have eaten at Coral Reef a few times, never at Via Napoli. I think we may give Via Napoli a try this trip.

Years ago we had a great experience at Coral Reef, but the last 2 times we have eaten there it wasn't that great.

ThanxForNoticin
07-24-2013, 11:54 AM
Another vote for Napoli. We've had some really good food and experiences there. Coral Reef has been one of the few places at Disney that we've had really poor dining experiences. I'm sure that can't be true for everyone - but it'll be a long time before we head back there again. There are too many places that we enjoy completely - or want to try new - to go back to a place we don't care for!

Enjoy your dinner, whichever you choose!

#1donaldfan
07-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Via Napoli is great !! Coral Reef is also very good, with an incredible view......I'd say TS Coral Reef and do the CS for Napoli !!??? :mickey:

Arielfan98
07-24-2013, 03:07 PM
I have not experienced Via Napoli yet, but I can tell you if you are not a fish lover do not go to coral reef. Everything on their menu is loaded with fish items except maybe one entree. But I've heard great reviews on the pizza from VN from my parents. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
07-24-2013, 04:28 PM
Via Napoli is great !! Coral Reef is also very good, with an incredible view......I'd say TS Coral Reef and do the CS for Napoli !!??? :mickey:

Is there a CS for Via Napoli? I don't think there is. It's a table service restaurant. Ah, corrected. I guess you can get by-the-slice there now.

AgentC
07-24-2013, 04:53 PM
Is there a CS for Via Napoli? I don't think there is. It's a table service restaurant. Ah, corrected. I guess you can get by-the-slice there now.

I don't think the by the slice window is always open. They had opened it back when Tutto Italia was being renovated to add an additional option in Italy. When it is open, it doesn't have the variety of the table service.

I would go with Via Napoli. I've had great meals there. We ate at Coral Reef sometime ago and didn't care for it.

Marytheta
07-24-2013, 08:49 PM
Never been to either but curious to hear from those who go there if Napoli is worth the cost for the pizza. Just did the math and it looks like it would be about $70 for two pizzas to feed our group! I know we're in Disney so I don't expect them to give it away but choked a little on that number!!! :ack:

NJGIRL
07-25-2013, 09:30 AM
We loved Napoli. We ate there last Oct for the first time and liked it so much that when we were "stuck" at Disney for three additional days because of the storm we went back again on our last day for lunch.

And I agree with Sherri about the atmosphere. It's not bad, but nothing special. This place is all about the food.

NJGIRL
07-25-2013, 09:35 AM
Never been to either but curious to hear from those who go there if Napoli is worth the cost for the pizza. Just did the math and it looks like it would be about $70 for two pizzas to feed our group! I know we're in Disney so I don't expect them to give it away but choked a little on that number!!! :ack:

We didn't get pizza either time so I don't know what the price is, but if I remember correctly the pizza's were huge.

lightyearfan
07-25-2013, 10:12 AM
Via Napoli is the way to go. me and dw have now eaten there on our past 3 trips, there regular menu is very good as well, if you choose not to do the pizza, i also agree that Coral Reef can be hit or miss, the atmosphere though is better at Coral Reef, but here is the question you want great atmosphere or great food? Both would ideal though wouldn't it lol

Victor:mickey:

SBETigg
07-25-2013, 10:34 AM

It might not take two pizzas. They are rather large, as Rita said. And you might want to mix it up and supplement with salad or some group appetizers. But yes, it's probably a little pricier than a standard pizza joint. But actually, well in keeping with the pizza places in my hometown, which are both on the gourmet side.

korkelsmom
07-29-2013, 11:47 AM
Thank you so much for your great advice and opinions...Napoli it is :mickey:

PlutoPlanet
07-29-2013, 12:20 PM
I vote Napoli too. Coral reef seemed a bit expensive for what you get.

CuteAsMinnie
07-31-2013, 11:02 PM
Never had an interest in trying Coral Reef but during our trip last week we enjoyed dinner at Via Napoli. It was by far our favorite meal. Great atmosphere, waiter was fun, pizza was unbelievably fresh and the best we have ever had! Simply outstanding!

:thumbsup: