PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Backyard BBQ

korkelsmom
07-23-2013, 03:21 PM
We are heading to the World in January 2014 and my sister is begging us to do the Mickey's Backyard BBQ. Most of the crowd wants to travel to Wildnerness Lodge and eat at The
Whispering Canyon. But sis is laying on the guilt trip baddddddd :secret:...so has anyone out there done the Backyard BBQ? If so would you do it again and do you have to get there really early? And also is a nightmare getting there from MK?

cer
07-23-2013, 04:34 PM
I have not done Mickey's Backyard BBQ. It doesn't seemed to get talked about much here. I don't know if that is good or bad. But something to consider, it will be January and it is outside - so if cooler weather would be an aversion, that may be something to think about.

Getting there I do not think would be a problem, no different than taking the ferry to Wilderness Lodge. In fact, I think it is the same ferry, but different stops.

LisaP
07-23-2013, 10:47 PM
Jenny,

I've dined at both the Backyard BBQ and Whispering Canyon (stayed at WL). I would HIGHLY recommend the Backyard BBQ for it's great entertainment value and for the unique food.

The Backyard BBQ was so much fun for all of us! I thought the food was fantastic for a BBQ, and the live music along with the dancing characters made for an exciting night for my boys!

I enjoyed the meal at Whispering Canyon, but really enjoyed the entertainment of the BBQ. We have done almost all of the character dining at WDW, and I will say that the BBQ was by far the most fun.

Keep in mind the BBQ is only held two nights weekly, and I thought I had previously read somewhere it was only through November(?). You should call the Disney dining number to verify.

From MK, you can simply take the monorail (or walk) to The Contemporary Resort and catch the water taxi to Fort Wildnerness.

TheVBs
07-25-2013, 04:06 PM
We haven't been to Whispering Canyon yet, but have done the Backyard BBQ twice. We had a blast! The food is good (not fabulous, but good picnic food), the entertainment is GREAT and our girls loved dancing with the characters. And, I second the suggestion to check and make sure the BBQ is happening in January. I do remember it being seasonal. Have fun! :mickey:

MargaretMessler
07-25-2013, 07:42 PM
I don't think they have it in January. :( But I do know that when they do have it, it is Thursday and Saturday only.

korkelsmom
07-29-2013, 11:51 AM
:sad: No backyard BBQ in January thanks for the input but I know Whispering Canyon will be terrific too!