PDA

View Full Version : Theme for 2014

Bay Lake
07-22-2013, 04:15 PM
I may have missed it, but does anyone know the theme for 2014. I know this year is "Limited Magic"

Strmchsr
07-22-2013, 04:32 PM
It hasn't been announced. The earliest they ever announce the next year's theme is October and usually it's during the Christmas Day Parade.

Stu29573
07-22-2013, 11:31 PM
"Give us your money, now.....and something about magic...or dreams....or something..."

thejens
07-23-2013, 12:50 AM
this year is "limited magic" ???!!!???

stephicakes
07-23-2013, 05:54 AM
"Give us your money, now.....and something about magic...or dreams....or something..."

:rotfl:

Strmchsr
07-23-2013, 07:47 AM

Limited Time Magic. They have different "special" events every week that only last for that week. Like last week was long lost friends where they had characters out for meet & greets that haven't been out in a while. This week it's Christmas in July.

VWL Mom
07-23-2013, 08:22 AM

Very limited IMO :blush:

SBETigg
07-23-2013, 11:08 AM

Limited Time Magic, whatever. Putting "Limited" in the marketing was a really bad idea, though I am sure it hasn't cost them any visitors.

Capt_redshirt
07-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Is there a calendar list of what events are happening what weeks or is it we surprise you when you get there.

Strmchsr
07-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Is there a calendar list of what events are happening what weeks or is it we surprise you when you get there.

It's announced every Friday what the follow week will be (if anything). There's not always something new every week.

DizneyFreak2002
07-24-2013, 12:21 PM
2014: Year of A Million Cutbacks!

2014: Celebrate Your Magical Dream Fantasy

2014: Year of One Million Construction Walls???? (which wouldn't be that bad of a thing for DHS/DAK/Epcot)....

DizneyFreak2002
07-28-2013, 04:12 PM
2014 theme: Show Your Disney Side? What? If true, LAME!!!

I have a side I'd like to show them... Then whey would really know what I think of WDW management... LOL..

VWL Mom
07-28-2013, 04:42 PM

It's announced every Friday what the follow week will be (if anything). There's not always something new every week.

You can also find the LTM events here (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/let-the-memories-begin/limited-time-magic/)

thejens
07-29-2013, 10:52 PM
I am still aghast that some marketing genius came up with "limited magic." WHAT!? I can't think of anything more cheesy and horrible than that! I am scheduled to come to WDW in September, and I can't believe I am supporting something that lame.

Strmchsr
07-30-2013, 08:14 AM
I am still aghast that some marketing genius came up with "limited magic."

It's "Limited Time Magic" not just "Limited Magic." "Limited Magic" would be bad, but the "Limited Time Magic" I really don't think is all that bad. It's not awe-inspiring but it describes what the promotion is - special events that occur only for a limited time (one week or one day). The promotion itself has actually had some pretty cool things through the year. It's also had a few lame things where it was obvious they were reaching, but overall I've liked some of the promotions they've done.

brownie
07-30-2013, 08:31 AM
It's "Limited Time Magic" not just "Limited Magic." "Limited Magic" would be bad, but the "Limited Time Magic" I really don't think is all that bad. It's not awe-inspiring but it describes what the promotion is - special events that occur only for a limited time (one week or one day). The promotion itself has actually had some pretty cool things through the year. It's also had a few lame things where it was obvious they were reaching, but overall I've liked some of the promotions they've done.

I think they could have put more into the name and the events. Maybe the name has something to do with producing lame events? Some of it has been a rehash of things they've already done or are doing. I think they could and should do better.

mickeyman42
07-30-2013, 09:28 AM
2014: CelebrAte the memorieS with the wHimsical maGical yeaR of A Billion limited dreams

mom2morgan
07-30-2013, 01:51 PM
2014: CelebrAte the memorieS with the wHimsical maGical yeaR of A Billion limited dreams

LOVE IT! Very witty. And I've long suspected Disney is putting subliminal messages in the ride music to part us from our money faster ;-)

ps - limited magic? Really? That ought to have gotten someone fired! LOL

gottaluvtink
07-30-2013, 08:37 PM
Very limited IMO :blush:

I totally agree!

thejens
08-01-2013, 12:17 AM
"It's not awe-inspiring but it describes what the promotion is - special events that occur only for a limited time (one week or one day)."

Exactly, it "Limited Time Magic" sounds like a promotion. An advertisement. A flimsy ad you get in your mailbox for buy one get one free large pizza. Or a screaming guy in a hair piece selling cars. "Limited Time Magic" is beneath Disney.

Have they replaced all the imagineers with pyramid scheme salesmen?

cer
08-01-2013, 11:05 AM
I guess my problem with the Limited Time Magic is that it is so hit or miss which really *limits* the number of guests that get to experience it.

On this one two hour strecth we are going to have unannounced old characters appear in main street. - (or whatever it is...)

It is just too random for anyone to enjoy or appreciate or plan for and even the folks that do get to see it don't even realize they have stumbled on a "Limited Time Magic" event. :confused:

If you are going to have a promotion, I say, promote it!

seanyred
08-01-2013, 12:50 PM
2014: Nostalgia (re-living your memories of how it once was in your head. Not how it actually was).

thejens
08-02-2013, 12:26 AM
Okay, back to the real question and more optimism. How about 2014: A World of Friends. You've got a Friend in Me as the theme song. Famous Disney Friends as the theme: Winnie and Piglet/Christopher Robin, Buzz and Woody, Pinnochio and Jiminy, Micky and Pluto, Bambi and Thumper, Lilo and Stitch, etc. They could have refer a friend specials, two for one deals, be a friend charitable promotions. The friendship theme could have international meaning in Epcot. We could be friends of the earth in animal kingdom.

I see a lot of potential in this. I am sad that the themes have become gimmicky. It would be nice if the theme were more meaningful.

Just think, when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. There is a certain eqalitarian value here. Anything your heart desires will come to you So much hope!

hauntedmansiongirl
08-02-2013, 03:40 AM
Okay, back to the real question and more optimism. How about 2014: A World of Friends. You've got a Friend in Me as the theme song. Famous Disney Friends as the theme: Winnie and Piglet/Christopher Robin, Buzz and Woody, Pinnochio and Jiminy, Micky and Pluto, Bambi and Thumper, Lilo and Stitch, etc. They could have refer a friend specials, two for one deals, be a friend charitable promotions. The friendship theme could have international meaning in Epcot. We could be friends of the earth in animal kingdom.

I see a lot of potential in this. I am sad that the themes have become gimmicky. It would be nice if the theme were more meaningful.

Just think, when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. There is a certain eqalitarian value here. Anything your heart desires will come to you So much hope!

Great idea! Much better than our limited time magic, which was a retro T-shirt truck parked at Downtown Disney- very disappointing!

I would love to see something themed to Star Wars or Marvel comics, being that they are both newer Disney acquisitions. We never get May off, so we can't ever get to Star Wars weekends. It's on the bucket list though!

MNDisney Dad
08-02-2013, 07:37 AM
This must explain what happened on our trip the first week in June. Twice when we were at MK an announcement was made that there would be an operational change that evening and the park would stay open an extra two hours. Nice surprise for our family.:mickey:

Giggy
08-04-2013, 05:33 AM
Personally I like the "limited time magic" theme. Of course it will be hit and miss as to what happens but if you catch it at the right times you can have a nice surprise if you don't know about it and even if you do it's an added bonus.

Nice surprises are great at WDW. For example even though they are planned to happen (albeit not advertised) we were walking through Frontierland in 2010 and suddenly out of nowhere a hoe-down started with all the cast members and characters suddenly appearing from nowhere and dancing in the walkway. Then as soon as it finished they seemed to disperse just as quickly. Took us by surprise! :mickey:

Boost
08-04-2013, 04:08 PM
I am in marketing and so is my wife. There are times when "Limited" works and there are times when it does not.

Attaching the word "Limited" to the word "Magic" is yet another bad idea in a string of bad ideas to come out of the Disney think tank.