PDA

View Full Version : Crowds after New Years

poohbearkris
07-22-2013, 01:26 PM
Hi,

I was thinking of planning a visit to WDW around 1/1/14 - 1/8/14. Has anybody been there around this time to know how the crowds are? :balloon:

JerseyDad
07-22-2013, 07:57 PM
.....we were at WDW from Dec 26th thru Jan 3rd (2009/10)....and it was like a night & day experience related to crowds.

.....up to New Years Eve ...it was crowded ...with Epcot PACKED all day on New Years Eve (we spent the whole day there.

....but on New Years Day .....the crowds thinned by almost 50% ....and on the 2nd & 3rd ...it was like a ghost town when comparing to the previous days.

....now ...you also need to look at when New Years day is ...with regards to if it's a weekend or midweek? I think New Years Day was on a Friday when we were there ...and the crowd dissipated over the weekend. I think it's midweek (tues or wed) this coming year ...so maybe with school schedules and the like ...it'll thin out on the end of the 1st of Jan.?

DANAM
07-22-2013, 09:28 PM
We are going 12/28-1/5! I have been a nervous reck wondering about this same thing. I'm so glad to hear crowds die down after the New Year!