PDA

View Full Version : leave, and come back

snowblack
07-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Does anyone know If you can leave one of the theme parks for a few hours and come back in without using another day in your park pass?
Example we want to do some of magic kingdom, then go back to the hotel for rest and come back later for extra magic hours.

BigB
07-21-2013, 05:22 PM
I believe so. You have entrance to one park per day. An easy way around that is to get the Park Hopper option. It allows you to go to multiple parks on the same day. On our last trip we started at MK, had dinner at EPCOT, and then went to HS for EMH.

Altair
07-21-2013, 05:24 PM
Yes, you can return to the same park without losing a day on your ticket. If you go the Park Hopper route, be sure you'll get your money's worth first. :mickey:

Be aware, the hours seem to fly by when you're in the parks. Unless you are going at a time of extended hours I don't know if going back for a rest is worth the lost time.

Main Street Jim
07-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Does anyone know If you can leave one of the theme parks for a few hours and come back in without using another day in your park pass?
Example we want to do some of magic kingdom, then go back to the hotel for rest and come back later for extra magic hours.Allow yourself (or your group) *AT LEAST* one hour of travel time to get out of the park and back to the resort, and the same amount of time to get back. That's time spent walking out of the park, to the bus stop/boat dock/Monorail station, possibly waiting on a bus, boat, or Monorail that may have just left (and a few minutes to the next one), travel time *to* your resort, and time walking back to your room once get to the resort.

Then ya gotta do it all in reverse on the way back :)

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-21-2013, 05:46 PM
Example we want to do some of magic kingdom, then go back to the hotel for rest and come back later for extra magic hours.

Yes! We do this often when we visit in the summer. We get an early start, then leave around lunch time, spending time at the resort, swimming, etc. We head back into the parks for dinner and the evening. We love missing the really hot part of the day (and the crowds).

brownie
07-21-2013, 07:40 PM
You most certainly can. If you have the park hopper option on your tickets, you can leave and go to another park that same day.

steamboat willy
07-22-2013, 08:21 AM

Sure you can. Same day, Same Park with regular Ticket. Same day, different Park with Park Hopper Ticket.

We do this everyday, every trip. It allows us to beat the heat, beat the crowds and gives us time to recharge and relax....WE are on VACATION!

DW has MS and needs to rest for about an hour in the room or she's not going to make the evening hours. During this time, I enjoy some pool time :vacation: and a cold :beer: while she rest.

We leave the Resort refreshed, cleaned up and ready for the evening. Since we normally get Park Hoppers, we have the flexibility to return to same Park for some attractions we still want to catch OR head over to a different Park for EMH, :fworks: Fireworks or F&W snacks!

Some people's style is to go, go, go all day, everyday! Our's is to go easy, eat where we want, pool break almost every day and return to a Park of our choice if we choose.

Some evenings, we just hang out by the pool, grab dinner from our Food Court and relax with a Disney Movie at the Pool.

That's How We Roll.... :vacation::cheers::fworks::eat::party2:

mom2morgan
07-23-2013, 11:41 PM
Sorry if this is off topic, but something in your question made me wonder if you were thinking that you CAN use more than one "day" in an actual day. Here's what I mean - the first time I went, we h ad 10 day tickets, but we were actually only there for 7. I didn't have the park hopper option, but wondered if I could use an extra "day" (you know, from the three I wouldn't need) to go visit a different park. You can't. LOL - so that might be totally useless information for you, but thought I'd throw that out there.

SBETigg
07-23-2013, 11:53 PM
The simple answer is yes, you can leave and return to the same park. One day park admission lets you come and go. It's very easy and not really overly time consuming to come and go from MK if you're at a monorail resort and especially at the Contemporary, which is walkable.

One exception to keep in mind is that if the parks are super busy, say you're there during a major holiday, sometimes parks reach crowd limits and you can't get back in. But that's very rare and usually only on Christmas, New Year's Eve, Easter, July 4th.

snowblack
07-24-2013, 07:18 AM
Thanx everyone, I meant same park same day. Especially the day we do MK. We have the extra magic hours that day until 1am. I have dining reservations at 9am, so I didn't want to have to stay in the park all day and night. But I was told I can enter and exit as much as I like that day. I just wanted to know how it worked. Do they stamp your hand or something at the gate?

DizneyRox
07-24-2013, 08:19 AM
Biometric scan the first time you use a ticket links that ticket to you. The entitlements are saved with the ticket and then linked so only you can use them.

They know anything and everything associated with that ticket. Days/times used for park entry, fastpass times, etc.

This is their way of enforcing the law that any and all entitlements must be used by the same person.

SBETigg
07-24-2013, 09:45 AM
I just wanted to know how it worked. Do they stamp your hand or something at the gate?

No hand stamp. You can just leave and then come back and reenter the same way you got in the first time.

Main Street Jim
07-28-2013, 03:07 PM
Also keep in mind that everyone must use the same ticket/wristband that you originally used to enter the park. The paper tickets would need to be signed on the back (if Disney is still using them at all) so that everyone keeps their own ticket.