PDA

View Full Version : Which direction do you go in Magic Kingdom?

steamboat willy
07-21-2013, 12:44 PM
How do YOU start your day at Magic Kingdom?
LEFT towards Jungle & Pirates
RIGHT towards BUZZ, TT and Space
Or
STRAIGHT towards Cindi's Castle, PP and New Fantasyland

We normally go LEFT toward Jungle and keep moving clockwise. We save Haunted Mansion for after dark. Since we don't usually make it all the way around before Pool Time :vacation: we go RIGHT in the evening starting in Tomorrowland and move counter clock wise.

I guess with more to explore in New Fantasyland, we may have to break tradition!

Which Way Do YOU Go?

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
07-21-2013, 01:41 PM
This year we started at Fantasyland, but we should have started with Tomorrowland.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-21-2013, 01:42 PM
With my son we would probably go to Frontierland first so he could ride the two mountains but next trip we will definitely go straight to Fantasyland. I figure it will best to do new attractions as close to opening as possible.

Strmchsr
07-21-2013, 01:50 PM
I figure it will best to do new attractions as close to opening as possible.

Oddly enough I'm not sure that is the best strategy. It seems now everyone is running for the new Fantasyland first and so it's a bonkers running of the bulls experience at opening but it calms down and isn't so bad later in the day.

Poohbear88
07-21-2013, 02:06 PM
We always go left!! I read somewhere a long time ago to start left so kinda of a family tradition now!!:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Oddly enough I'm not sure that is the best strategy. It seems now everyone is running for the new Fantasyland first and so it's a bonkers running of the bulls experience at opening but it calms down and isn't so bad later in the day.

That's interesting, in my experience the newer attractions like Soarin and Toy Story mania were impossible to get into later in the day. Maybe its because there are so many more things to do in MK?

MargaretMessler
07-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Usually right, but now thinking about it, more of my faves are to the left, so I'm not sure how that came about. That settles it, in September we're going left! :number1:

ANG
07-21-2013, 04:03 PM
Well since Enchanted Tales with Belle doesn't FP, we will do Fantasy land on this next trip (with kids).

Our last trip was Tomorrowland first (without kids)

Pirate Granny
07-21-2013, 04:04 PM
I disagree about not starting at the new fantasyland....that darn Belle storybook can have waits over 90 minutes and there are no fast passes. We plan to hit early next June...now to be fair, this June it rained quite heavily, and when we got out of BOG for dinner around 7pm the line for Belle was only 20 minutes...I told my hubby, leave the stroller and RUN and get in line...I've never seen under 70 minutes after 3pm...that's in a September trip, November trip and now June trip... Not going to MK this Sep

Strmchsr
07-21-2013, 04:04 PM
That's interesting, in my experience the newer attractions like Soarin and Toy Story mania were impossible to get into later in the day. Maybe its because there are so many more things to do in MK?

Maybe so. With Soarin and TSM you definitely do have to go first thing, but I've noticed a madhouse in the FLE area at opening, but you can walk over and get a Fastpass for LM then the lines for Storytime with Belle are lower later in the day. Maybe because kids are leaving.

tiggerbuddy
07-21-2013, 04:25 PM
Always to the left for Pirates ...:mickey:

Giggy
07-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Somewhere in between! :D

Last vacation on our first day we walked up Main Street and went centre-left to Splash Mountain, followed by Big Thunder Mountain. My mother hadn't done them before as she doesn't like drops, however she said she wanted to try them and if we got there before the crowds were big she could go straight in without having to worry. Both of them had a wait of 10 minutes maximum (very lucky!) when we got there so she went on them with us. :mickey:

On at least two occasions we have started by going backwards, taking the Walt Disney World Railroad to Mickey's Toontown Fair and starting our vacation there. It was how we started our first ever day in Magic Kingdom so was sort of a tradition. Obviously with Fantasyland swallowing Toontown we'll have to come up with a new tradition next time!

BigB
07-21-2013, 05:28 PM
They have done many studies about the habits of consumers. They have found that since most people are right handed, they head to the right first.
I would assume that the new Fantasy land would be the busiest part of the park. My DG is a Pirates FANATIC!! So, we typically start and end our day at MK there.

barnaby
07-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Haunted Mansion then Pirates.
After that, usually the left side

IloveJack
07-21-2013, 11:10 PM
Left to Pirates.

However, we will be spending 2.5 days there on our next trip, so I plan to start one day in New FL, and then start the other full day wherever we didn't get to.

The Horned King
07-22-2013, 05:50 AM
We have always gone to adventureland and then clockwise through the rest of the lands. No real reason. Just tradition I guess!

MrPeetrie
07-22-2013, 06:55 AM
If we are at Magic Kingdom at opening, we usually start in Adventureland. In the past, we would ride Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Aladdin's Carpets, and Tiki room before rounding into Frontierland. Then, we'd check wait times to see if we needed to FastPass either Splash Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain. (Obviously, with the new FastPass+ that will change.)

Then we would walk, shop, and snack our way up Frontierland and reach Fantasyland after noon. We'd grab a FastPass for Peter Pan and go eat. With the new expansion, we're excited to see the changes, but I think we'll let it unfold as we discover it. On our first time back after the construction, i think we'll still start on the left.

Dulcee
07-22-2013, 09:20 AM
Pirates is always first, followed usually by Haunted Mansion.

And yes I am fully aware this is not the best way to do things but for some reason we can't break the tradition. :blush:

AvonleaCF
07-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Always right to Tomorrowland with Space as the first ride. Then it's Buzz, and then off to Fantasyland. I like to hit all my favs the first time around the park without stopping for photos or anything else. Usually it's Space, Buzz, (new Little Mermaid, which I haven't done yet), Pooh, Peter Pan, Small World, Haunted Mansion, Thunder, Splash (if in the mood), Pirates, and Jungle Cruise.

After hitting all of those, will stop for lunch (or will have already done so, depending on time), and then do the loop a second time with "lesser" rides (like Carousel of Progress, PeopleMover, and anything with a short wait). That's also when I'll soak up the scenery, go to shops, have a snack, take photos, etc.

tjstrike
07-22-2013, 10:45 AM
To the right, we hit Buzz 1st, then space mt., then Indy cars...Always :thumbsup:

azcavalier
07-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Totally depends on the time of day. We are usually there for Morning EMH, and in that case, the stuff to the left isn't open yet (never figured out why that is). So we usually go right, cutting through where the Tomorrowland Terrace is, and then work our way up through Fantasyland.

If we show up later in the day, they we usually go left and hit Pirates.

Arielfan98
07-22-2013, 11:06 AM
We actually split up. My sister and dad rushes over to SM to get FPs but me and my mom will walk over to Frontierland and meet up there for TMR. However like you said due to the new Fantasyland, given I am Arielfan98, I may rush over to the Ariel ride and get FPs for that and get in line to see Ariel asap while my dad and sister get FPs to SM.

indytraveler
07-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Oh My!! I thought my family was only one who started left at Adventureland. By the way for those of you who don't go this way, you won't get to ride all your favorite rides. you'll have to make exceptions on which ones to miss.:rotfl: Not really. I've always felt this was better that the teens would run to Tomorrowland and the Little One's to Fantasyland. By the time we make it to Fantasyland the little ones are back at their hotel with a nap. So we went to Adventureland, Frontierland, and had a quiet morning.

Butters
07-22-2013, 01:26 PM
We have always gone left and worked our way around, except our last two trips one day a peice we would start in the FLE.

ASweetLov
07-22-2013, 01:30 PM
I usually get fast passes for splash mountain and then go all over to do our favorites. Pretty much whatever my fiancee is in the mood to do first :mickey:

SlinkyDog
07-22-2013, 09:13 PM
I always do fantasyland first, those lines can get really long and the lines don't offer much to look at. By noon that area becomes wall to wall people and strollers.

DisneyorBust
07-22-2013, 09:51 PM
We normally start our day on Main Street! :D Seriously though, we now begin in Adventureland, first stop is PoTC.

masonlovesdisney
07-23-2013, 02:22 AM
Almost ALWAYS to the right to Tomorrowland..where we can get on Space Mountain quickly. Now this is pre-Fantasyland...so we will see when we get there in October!

DonaldDuckUSA
07-23-2013, 09:00 AM
Now, DBF and I usually head for the Haunted Mansion and then go from there, depending on the time of day/our interests.

When I was a child, my family and I used to go left. In my mind, we went left because it was a story going through the history of the Americas. We'd start in the Caribbean during the time of pirates, head towards Liberty Square at the time of the Revolution (roughly speaking) then into the Old West. Then future world! Fantasy Land doesn't really fit into that equation, but it always just seemed a world unto itself.

When we have little kids we don't plan on park hopping so we'll probably go back to going around the the spoke and wheel design!

ransam
07-23-2013, 10:31 AM
i go strait to my laughing place which is second star to the right.

TiggerFan13
07-23-2013, 10:34 AM
We always go to Adventure Land first. We hit either Jungle Cruise or Pirates depending on the lines.

Tekneek
07-23-2013, 10:37 AM
If we are there at rope drop, we either all head for Fantasyland, or we break into two groups and I take the bigger kids to Tomorrowland and Mom takes the little ones to Fantasyland. If we show up late, we usually walk through Adventureland.

joonyer
07-23-2013, 11:06 AM
we usually get there at park opening and head directly to Splash Mountain, usually on the train. After we ride Spl. Mtn. a couple of times, and then BTMRR, we then start our visit of the rest of MK from back side, sometimes clockwise and sometimes counter-clockwise, depending on how the crowds look by then. WE have not been since the new portion of Fantasyland has opened, so we will probably head that direction on our next visit.

WDWFRK
08-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Always left to Pirates!:mickey:

MNDisney Dad
08-02-2013, 07:40 AM
Right to TTA!

grumpyguy
08-02-2013, 08:10 AM
ALWAYS straight ahead through the castle,off to neverland first then after that I just don't care ! I'm at WDW!!!

Gauis2001
08-09-2013, 12:04 PM
We head to Liberty Square and back track to Splash, CBJ and off to HM!:magic:

CaptSmee
08-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Depends on who's with us, if brother is its always Tomorrowland 1st, if he's not with us usually fantasyland before its filled with kids :blush:

Opus X
08-10-2013, 11:01 PM
Every time and all the time.....clockwise..
We start with a left into Adventure....and wind around to tomorrow land.

Tekneek
08-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Every time and all the time.....clockwise..
We start with a left into Adventure....and wind around to tomorrow land.

That is my preferred approach, because I really like Tomorrowland at night. If the park is closing early (before the lights would come on), it doesn't matter as much to end at Tomorrowland.

N2DisneyWorld
08-11-2013, 12:55 PM
We go left towards Adventureland.

miltimo5
08-12-2013, 12:28 PM
i always have 2 days in MK so i do both... the first day i head left and go to Jungle cruise, pirates and fast pass for splash mtn, back to pirates and tiki birds...etc...kind of end around the haunted mansion then turn back and do favorites again... the second day at MK i go right...straight to buzz lightyear, fast pass, on to other rides and back for buzz fastpass.

i do the same with world showcase too... 2 days and each time start on the opposite side..

JenniferS.
08-16-2013, 08:02 AM
:mickey:It depends on where we have breakfast booked. If it's at Crystal Palace we start left, if it's the castle we do that area first. 112 days left!!!!

TikiLounger
08-19-2013, 05:32 PM
Always left...towards Adventureland. We start with Pirates and make the loop to Splash, Thunder, Frontierland Shootin Gallery, Haunted Mansion...then? it's off to Tomorrowland. Buzz Lightyear first, and next is Space Mountain! Then, we backtrack to the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse and Tom Sawyer's Island.

FenwayGirl
08-20-2013, 03:30 PM
We hop on the train and go straight to the mountains...

hoop de do
08-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Usually to the left. :pirate:

jclightchasr
08-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Adventureland is the first stop...always! I love the sign the bridge the tiki drums, this is my favorite land.

cer
08-22-2013, 11:06 AM
We hop on the train and go straight to the mountains...

This is what we do! :)

GoBlueLacheta
08-22-2013, 04:31 PM
Forward. :mickey:

donnine
08-23-2013, 07:51 PM
Have made 29 trips, and I think we have always started to the left with Jungle Cruise, Pirates, etc.
Haven't seen New Fantasyland yet, so we might divert from our usual path next time. :mickey:

benjo221
09-01-2013, 09:31 AM
Before having kids, we used always go right to Tomorrowland and grab Space Mountain FP's. These days, we usually get Fantasyland first so the girls can enjoy those attractions before it gets too crowded later in the day.

Lindsey310
09-01-2013, 09:56 AM
Take the train to frontier land and start there...splash and thunder mountain are our first stops!

48 days!!!! :mpumpkin:

LudwigVonDrake
09-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Last trip was left but usually it's right to Tomorrowland :mickey:

taleasoldastime
09-01-2013, 04:01 PM
On my last trip we had a late start at MK since we got into orlando in the afternoon, so we went right towards tomorrowland and did what we could. Then on our next MK day, we went left.
On my next trip I plan on going straight to new fantasy land because I have to do enchanted tales. I love it!

Anthony007
09-01-2013, 05:58 PM
BC (before child) it was always left to PoTC. Now we take the train to the big top.

disneydeb
09-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Straight down the middle of Main Street USA, Peter Pan to satisfy my inner child, then where ever my mood or touring partner wants!:mickey:

Ltmoko
09-02-2013, 02:56 PM
We take a ride around the MK on WDWRR, then start left and continue clockwise!

sportsguy2315
09-02-2013, 06:00 PM
Straight to the tipboard, and let the shortest wait of the mountains decide.

mgmnut
09-02-2013, 08:17 PM
We always go left. It is a tradition now.

badjujue
09-02-2013, 09:32 PM
How do YOU start your day at Magic Kingdom?
LEFT towards Jungle & Pirates
RIGHT towards BUZZ, TT and Space
Or
STRAIGHT towards Cindi's Castle, PP and New Fantasyland

We normally go LEFT toward Jungle and keep moving clockwise. We save Haunted Mansion for after dark. Since we don't usually make it all the way around before Pool Time :vacation: we go RIGHT in the evening starting in Tomorrowland and move counter clock wise.

I guess with more to explore in New Fantasyland, we may have to break tradition!

Which Way Do YOU Go?

when the park opens we normally go straight back to fantasyland to get that part of the park done. wait time build fast get it out of way and the rest of the day is gravy