PDA

View Full Version : Everest ?

ckaranassos
07-21-2013, 08:38 AM
I was looking for opinions. I have been on every ride except ToT and Everest. I love space mountain, rocking roll roller coaster and tolerate splash mountain (anticipation of that drop gets me). What is everyone's thoughts about Everest? I am so disappointed each time I leave WDW and have not rode Everest. But, I'm nervous to ride it. All thoughts are appreciated.

faberj
07-21-2013, 08:53 AM
If you have done Rock N Roller coaster at DHS you will be able to handle Everest. Some of the views you are able to see while on that coaster are amazing. It does go both forward and backwards, but I find RNR way more intesne. It is a fun ride, hope you get to try it the next time you visit.

The Horned King
07-21-2013, 08:54 AM
It has one large-ishh drop and a backwards section. But the whole ride is very smooth. Definatly worth doing at least once. My sister hates roller-coasters but will do everest without a second thought. :mickey:

Goofeygal
07-21-2013, 09:27 AM
If you can do R&R coaster and TOT, you can do Everest. It is an amazing coaster. :mickey:

2MuchWDFun
07-21-2013, 09:37 AM
If you can do R&R coaster and TOT, you can do Everest. It is an amazing coaster. :mickey:

Absolutely! I can get a little queasy on some roller coasters--never have gotten sick or queasy on Everest.

As a reference: I can ride TOT--however, I tried the intense side of Mission: Space and got motion sick:sick:--so it's just the Green side of M:S for me now and Orange side for DH & DS.

Giggy
07-21-2013, 11:44 AM
Awesome ride, granted I am a big fan of all of the rollercoasters. :coaster:

Last time we went for end of August to early September we got to Everest very early and it was practically a walk on twice in a row. Obviously it depends on time of year, day of week and various other variables that affect crowds. Getting straight to it however for your first ride may help keep nerves at bay as there isn't time to psych yourself out. My mother doesn't like drops on rides at all but this tactic means she has been able to try Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain and enjoy them. :mickey:

MargaretMessler
07-21-2013, 03:11 PM
As others have mentioned, if you can do RnRC and ToT...you can handle EE. Some people probably get thrown by the backwards part, but it's very smooth. It stops and starts a few times, but it really doesn't have any HUGE drops. Go for it next trip, you won't be sorry.

Auroring Good Time
07-21-2013, 08:39 PM
I have a friend who hates TOT and rarely rides Splash because of the drop but, she loves Everest. Definitely try it!

tjstrike
07-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Everest is a must do !! Very smooth and exciting ride. :coaster:

AvonleaCF
07-22-2013, 11:11 AM
I hate RnR but love Everest. And I hate the drop on Splash and nearly always skip it, but do Everest a few times per visit. It is fast, but smooth. And the big drop is nowhere near as steep as Splash. It's also way less jarring than Thunder.

Arielfan98
07-22-2013, 11:13 AM
I would definitely you recommend trying both. Tower of Terror may give your stomach that empty feeling before you drop, but given you are an adult the drops won't seem as bad. Trust me my dad made me go on as a little kid and it was worse :blush: Like others have said if you can handle Rock n' Roller Coaster you should be ok for EE, but do heed my warning when I say you may need to brace yourself for the backwards part. It is very smooth, but surprising because most people have never gone on backwards roller coasters before. I would recommend doing both at least once in your life time you won't regret trying :mickey:

JPL
07-22-2013, 11:13 AM
You should have no problems with Everest give it a try :thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
07-22-2013, 12:18 PM
EE will not be a problem at all !! I promise !!! You will be so happy you did it, you will get right back in line !! It is a great and very smooth ride !! TOT is not a big deal either, you're enclosed so it's not a height thing at all really ??!! Try 'em both, you will love them !!:mickey:

Wolf
07-22-2013, 02:07 PM
I share your sentiments on Splash (and Tower) but LOVE Everest! It is soooo fun and just a thrilling ride, I was scared to death the first time I rode it but my Mom drug me on, now I am the one saying "One more time, the line isnt long, lets go" try it, if you can handle Rockin you can handle them all!

EJS-Houston
07-22-2013, 02:11 PM
I was looking for opinions. I have been on every ride except ToT and Everest. I love space mountain, rocking roll roller coaster and tolerate splash mountain (anticipation of that drop gets me). What is everyone's thoughts about Everest? I am so disappointed each time I leave WDW and have not rode Everest. But, I'm nervous to ride it. All thoughts are appreciated.

I can't imagine that you'd have a problem with Everest if you're fine with Aerosmith Rock'n'Roller Coaster.

thejens
07-23-2013, 12:54 AM
I am a bit wimpy and have done TOT and once loved it and once found it more scary. I have never done RR. I have done EE 3 times. I find the first big drop scary (like splash) but don't mind the backwards part at all. If you've done RR you can do EE. It's okay! :)

Posterchild
07-23-2013, 01:50 AM
EE is awesome! The theming, the queue, everything about is cool. The ride is very smooth, and for me less scary than RnRC. Although I do not particularly care for backwards rides, it fits in nicely in this case.

TiggerFan13
07-23-2013, 10:38 AM
As others have said, if you can do Rockin Rollercoaster you will have no problems with Everest.

ransam
07-23-2013, 10:39 AM
i am a very big guy.
and for some reason Everest is the only attraction at WDW i feel uncomfortable on. it's kind of a tight fit

steamboat willy
07-23-2013, 11:01 AM
Awwww....Go get you some Yeti! :yeti:

joonyer
07-23-2013, 11:01 AM
I have three words to describe riding Expedition Everest.
1. Fun!
2. Fun!
3. Fun!

Can't wait til we get back to WDW to ride it again, and again!

WDWFRK
08-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Everest also has the best/quickest single rider line! I rode it three times in about 15 minutes during my March trip using the single rider line.

TikiLounger
08-01-2013, 05:42 PM
1. Fun!
2. Fun!
3. Fun!

Yes! Ditto!

Marytheta
08-01-2013, 09:32 PM
I've done all three and the only one I won't go back on is Everest. I don't like the long, slow incline and the big drop. RRC doesn't have that so I'm fine with it. It probably depends on what parts of the coasters you don't like to determine whether you will like it or not. I also don't care for Splash b/c of the big drop. :scared:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-03-2013, 11:58 PM
I've never done RNR but have done EE three times, or is it four? I was fine on EE, but had to make sure I keep my eyes open and looking straight ahead during the backwards part. Otherwise my vertigo kicks in.

PlutoPlanet
08-05-2013, 12:04 PM
I do R+RRC, but not Everest. I like the speed of R+RRC, but I find Everest a bit too jerky for me. Same with Space Mountain.

Opus X
08-05-2013, 12:50 PM
1. Fun!
2. Fun!
3. Fun!

It is a great ride.
My son is 7 and loves rock n roller coaster.
I personally like E.E. a bit better.

SueQ
08-06-2013, 11:34 AM
I know the Everest goes backwards but how long is the backward part? I can usually do rollercoasters but have a hard time with going backwards.

DizneyRox
08-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Awwww....Go get you some Yeti! :yeti:
Huh? There's a Yeti? Where?

While not my favorite, it's a pretty good ride. The drop is in the middle, so no worries about what comes after the lift. It's a very smooth ride, the worst part IMHO is the backwards helix. If you're expecting that, you're good to go, The first time I wasn't expecting it and my head got stuck in a weird position due to the g-forces I probably looked like I just got off the short bus on the monitors.

GoBlueLacheta
08-06-2013, 02:47 PM
There are different elements to a roller coaster that can make it "scary" or uncomfortable.

While the drop is only 80 or so feet, the lift hill does take you up 180 ft to the top of the mountain. It is a fast chain lift, but it is not an "elevator" or pulley system that takes you to the top of some higher coasters.

The dark elements should not be an issue if you have gone on SM and RnRC with no issue.

The only thing that is a bit different is going backwards. The backwards portion does have one hill where you go back up and the G-forces are more of a "Pressing" G-Force into the seat rather than an "Air Time" feeling of stomach droping. This is more of a pressing (positive G) into your seat, and is not a feeling you normally feel on most "coasters."

I don't really enjoy this 3-4 seconds on EE as it's more of a queasy feeling to me than thrill , and I'll go on anything.

Number one thing is each body is different and reacts differently. So go on and see if you get hooked.