PDA

View Full Version : Art of Animation Sleeping Question

Spang88
07-20-2013, 02:47 PM
Question regarding queen bed in the back bedroom, specifically in the Cars Suite. Does anyone know if that bed can be moved over at all? I know one time at Pop we were able to slide the beds together to better fit an air mattress.

We have previously stayed at AoA, but I can't remember whether it does or not. This trip we will need an air mattress in that room for part of the trip. I know at least a single mattress will fit, but pushing it over will allow me to bring our larger mattress.

Thanks for any info you may have!

Strmchsr
07-20-2013, 06:10 PM
I'm pretty sure it did not move. There's lots of room, though. There's the bed in the "living" room and the pull down bed as well as the one in the bedroom so plenty of sleeping space.

BrerGnat
07-20-2013, 06:34 PM
I don't think they move either. That furniture is really heavy!

Why do you need an air mattress here? Issue with bed sharing or something? A twin air mattress will fit on the floor in the main living area. Maybe.

Spang88
07-20-2013, 09:40 PM
Thanks for your responses! For one or possibly two nights we may have another family member visiting. Already have six in the room before that, just weighing our options.

Pirate Granny
07-20-2013, 11:01 PM
Six is all that's allowed in the suite?!?

Strmchsr
07-21-2013, 08:08 AM
Thanks for your responses! For one or possibly two nights we may have another family member visiting. Already have six in the room before that, just weighing our options.

Please keep in mind that Disney's TOS on the suite specifically says a max of 6 people in the room. You could get your other family member a non-suite room down in Little Mermaid or across the lake at Pop.

Strmchsr
07-21-2013, 08:10 AM
Six is all that's allowed in the suite?!?

Yes. Which is why getting 2 connecting regular rooms at a value is usually better. 1.) 2 regular rooms is generally cheaper than a suite with discounts and 2.) You can sleep 8 that way and still have 2 bathrooms. The suites are nicely themed, but not worth it IMO.

Pally
07-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Just slightly off but I know a family that is booked for September in FQ who will have both parents and kids aged 12,8,6, and 1 year. I was surprised but they said Disney is allowing it. I can't image that many in one room but that is just me.:confused:

I think when you hear of stories like this, this is why people think they can have over the allowed amount.

BrerGnat
07-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Just slightly off but I know a family that is booked for September in FQ who will have both parents and kids aged 12,8,6, and 1 year. I was surprised but they said Disney is allowing it. I can't image that many in one room but that is just me.:confused:

I think when you hear of stories like this, this is why people think they can have over the allowed amount.

A child under 3 does not count towards room occupancy limits.

allgiggles
07-21-2013, 03:57 PM

My sister was able to do that a POR a few years ago. Her kids were 14, 13, 4, & 2 at the time. Everyone other than her and DH needed their own sleeping space so they used the (then) trundle bed, an air mattress, and a Pack n' Play in the room. Not to mention they had a double jogging stroller in the room along with their luggage, etc. I told her that room would be too small for them and 1 bathroom for the 6 of them was going to be a challenge (they lived in a 5,000 sq. ft. house with 4 bathrooms at the time) but she insisted they would be fine. She still to this day says they had plenty of space in that room...but she called me twice during the week while she was walking to the pool area to use the bathroom in a building there because she couldn't get in the one in her room and they left a day early because everyone was fighting and getting on each others nerves. Can't imagine why. :rolleyes: