PDA

View Full Version : Vero Beach Questions

Septbride2002
07-19-2013, 10:01 AM
Hello! Vero Beach is not our home resort so we will be booking at the 7 month mark for 2 nights in June 2014. We will be trying to book a 2 bedroom or 2 studios. We don't care about view.

First - would it be better to be at Vero during the week rather then the weekend? We are pretty flexible with our dates.

Second - We will be heading there on our arrival day and staying 2 nights - which really only gives us one day to enjoy the resort and the beach - what are the must do/must see. My children will be ages 8 and 5.

Thanks!

missymouseworld
07-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Second - We will be heading there on our arrival day and staying 2 nights - which really only gives us one day to enjoy the resort and the beach - what are the must do/must see. My children will be ages 8 and 5.

Thanks!

While we were there in March 2013 my DS11 really enjoyed all the activities at the pool area. They will give you a calendar of events upon your arrival and he did almost every one the day we spent sitting at the pool. For example they had archery, mini golf competition, capture the flag game, family bingo, and pool/water games, etc.

We didn't spend much time at the beach because it is not a guarded beach and it looked pretty rough. There were also warnings posted regarding riptides and different marine warnings.

Have a great time.

Christine
07-19-2013, 03:32 PM
Yes - check out the activities! Tuesday dye tees, archery, and pool races are hits with my family.

Check it all out. There are "unbirthday" parties, parents night out, nature walks, Etc.

My only advice would be give yourself maybe one more day. :)

As for the window- weekdays and weekends have been equally difficult for me. Waitlist- odds are you'll get what you want. I always have.

lightyearfan
07-22-2013, 11:36 AM
me and dw just stayed at vero beach this past june for a long weekend , plus our daughter and 3 grand kids live about 5 min away, it was an absolute blast they were able to come and we enjoyed the pool area/beach and all the amenites and activities that the resort offered. we had a studio with garden view and it was perfect. hope this helps

Victor:mickey:

AgentC
07-22-2013, 04:03 PM
We went at the beginning of June. My kids are 7 and 5.

We stayed a Sunday through Wednesday. One problem we did run into is that some activities are day specific and only happen once.

For example breakfast with Goofy is Saturday mornings and the pirate dinner with Goofy and Donald is Monday nights. The unbirthday party happens twice a week. I think it was Tues/Thurs but I could be wrong.

Each day there is a list of activities. It is a mix of sports, crafts, movies, and games. Some of the crafts my kids did were making pirate swords and painting ceramics. Some other items available were plate painting, soft animals, and tie dye. A lot of the activities have required or suggested ages. A lot of the crafts did start at 6, but in most cases they said 5 was fine if a parent came and did/helped with the craft.

We did the pirate dinner. My kids loved it. It was a lot of fun. They also really enjoyed the unbirthday party. The kids stay alone with the activity staff so it is a nice break for the parents too. ;)

They do offer a kid's club but again it was on specific nights. It was the same night for us as the pirate dinner so we did not try it, but it looked like fun. It is for 4 hours and includes dinner.

Other things the kids liked were the beach, the pool and mini golf. The waves are much stronger than we get on the Gulf side. My kids really enjoyed body/board surfing. And it was pretty fun for us parents too. :thumbsup: We got the mini golf length of stay pass so the kids could play whenever they wanted.

The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the campfire and 'smores. We are used to doing it at WDW where not that many people show up. At least 60 people came the night we did it at Vero!

I'd eat lunch one day at the Green Cabin outside. The view is beautiful. If you like splurge the spa is fun. My daughter had an "ice cream" pedicure and I had the adult pedicure. It was a great time.