PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Build a Surprise Theme Park Scavenger Hunt!

DisneyDawgette
07-18-2013, 05:03 PM
For my sisters surprise trip this weekend, I was hoping to incorporate a scavenger hunt as a part of her birthday present. Since I'm not going on the trip, I thought it would be something fun for her to complete. :)

I was going for 14 tasks per each of the four parks because it is her fourteenth birthday! I have a few MK ideas (such as buy a Mickey balloon on Main Street, take a picture with it, and then pass it off to a small kid, and other things like count the number of puns used in the stretch room of the HM and then on your fingers tell me how many in a picture before you climb into the doom buggy!), but I have quickly realized how difficult it is to plan a scavenger hunt with so many tasks! They will be there for 9 days, so she has plenty of time to complete them!

So I need your help and your ideas for some cool things that she can do with photographic proof in each park. I bought her a cool vintage Disney journal to put all of her pictures in alongside the tasks when she comes home!

Thanks in advance!

Arielfan98
07-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Hi!

This sounds like a great idea I'm not sure if I'd be a great help but I did happen to cross a Disneyworld Proposal Scavenger Hunt before done by a guy who obviously wanted to propose to his girlfriend. Although you are not proposing I think his idea to deliver cast member's with clues early on in the day are creative and then have his gf find the cast members based on the clues. Go to youtube and enter "Scavenger Hunt Proposal at Disney World's Magic Kingdom" The Scavenger Hunt starts at 2:40. Hope this helps!

VWL Mom
07-18-2013, 05:54 PM
I actually have the Disney Scavenger Hunt book. I'll look around for it after dinner and see what I can find.

DisneyDawgette
07-18-2013, 07:33 PM
I would be very grateful! :)

VWL Mom
07-18-2013, 08:37 PM
Unfortunately, ends up it's a trivia book I have not a scavenger hunt :sad: There are some great ideas on the web though. Google Disney world scavenger hunt.

kurt
07-19-2013, 09:22 AM
well there's always the favorite, hidden mickeys.:goofy:

GoBlueLacheta
07-22-2013, 10:00 PM
We've done the picture thing to some extent just to do something different with a large group.

I went through a bunch of old pictures from disney when we went previously (all ages) and everyone had to recreate the photos the best way they could.

2nd half was a new memory section which was more along the lines of a typical scavenger hunt where we searched for hard to find things that were pre-determined from various places.

Bonus things like pictures with the most characters etc.

ransam
07-23-2013, 10:23 AM
I kind of like this idea.