PDA

View Full Version : transportation from POR to outside of the world

brie9877
07-18-2013, 01:36 PM
im sure i have seen this on the site before but i cant seem to find anything now and not sure if this is the right place to ask.
Im nervous about making sure i do the right thing with getting transportation from resort to outside of the world.
should i call mears the morning of or day before i need them? also im going to another theme park and heard they have cabs waiting at the entrance so i should be fine getting back.

Jeff
07-20-2013, 08:20 AM
With Mears we have called the day before.
I don't know about taking a cab as I never have!

Anyone have some helpful ideas?

VWL Mom
07-20-2013, 08:53 AM
We use INTERCOT sponsor Quicksilver (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/) when we took a day trip to Universal last August. Hassle-free.

Patricia
08-01-2013, 11:09 PM
I'm not sure where you are going but the cab was 50.00 to Universal from Bay Lake Towers when I was at icot15. I would check with Quicksilver for pricing, they are so easy to deal with. Mears charges per person (they will also do round trip) and because it's a shared shuttle it may make other stops.

When I have had 4 or more people Quicksilver was always cheaper than Mears and much more pleasant than the taxi cab driver who was harassing me about not having cash. :rolleyes:

You can call ahead to reserve Mears and Quicksilver in advance. Do not wait till day of. Returning in a taxi will not be an issue if you chose to do so at the end of your day.. they are waiting for you.

brie9877
08-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Thanks! i heard there were cabs outside of universal but i wanted to be sure.
ill be there 2 days in a row, should/can i pre-book both at the same time?