PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriends first trip to Disney!!!

masonlovesdisney
07-18-2013, 01:21 AM
I was just wondering and felt I would ask the question here.
My girlfriend has not been to Disney World since she was young (young enough to not remember). I want to know what you guys consider the Top 10 things she must see/do at Disney while we are there!

mechanic
07-18-2013, 03:23 AM
how old is she now?
is she a romantic princess? or a adventure thrill ride seeker?
characters or coasters?
its really going to depend on her.
pirates, big thunder, everest, safari, tower terror, fantasyland?
one park, or hoping?
more details and advice will pour in.
and welcome to intercot

T-Belle
07-18-2013, 06:47 AM
First things first...:welcome: to Intercot!!!
This is my top 10.
1. Opening ceremony at MK
2. Enchanted Tales with Belle
3. Fireworks at MK
4. Watching the water parade from the Poly beach with drink in hand.
5. POC
6. HM
7. Soarin
8. Leisurely strolling around WS
9. TSM
10. EE
Oh who am I kidding? My list could go on and on!

NickD100
07-18-2013, 07:52 AM
Hoop De Doo or Luau on arrival night.

AK-- Kilmanjaro Safari, Trails, Flights of Wonder, Everest, Conservation

MK--Opening cermony (you can get the major things done by noon-- and then back to the room for a nap or poolside.) Peter Pan's Flight, New Fantasyland, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Dole Whip, Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, TTA (People Mover).

Epcot-- Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, Soarin, World of Coke, Test Track, Drinking and eating around World Showcase (and the boat rides in Mexico and Norway and the films in China, Canada, France, and America. And Reflections of Earth Firework show!!!

Have a "free" day to shop/ Water park/ Pool/ or to do Epcot again!!!!!

That's way more than 10....but that should give you my perspective :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-18-2013, 11:10 AM
AK-Kilimanjaro Safari and Festival if the Lion King
DHS-Great Movie Ride and Fantasmic
Epcot-illuminations, Soarin and World Showcase
MK-Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Wishes/ parade

masonlovesdisney
07-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Thank you for the feedback! She is 17, I am 19. We are going with my family and i just wanted some ideas. She is willing to do anything in the parks, even though she is not a huge thrill ride fan.
I know for sure that we will be doing a lot of princess stuff. Lol. I really wish we could do Peter Pan, but sadly, it will be closed while we are there (October 12th thru 19th). There are little things that I will definitely be taking her to myself, that my family finds sort of...tradition? Like eating at Casey's Hot dogs!

masonlovesdisney
07-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Also T-Belle, Opening Ceremony at MK is my #1 also! Nothing better than that! :mickey:

DisneyDawgette
07-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Definitely try to hit all of the nighttime shows! It's my boyfriend and my favorite part of the day! :)

And any unique treats that you find, you should try! We're food people, so we love things like the Red Velvet Whoopie Pie in Sunshine Seasons, the Nutella and Fruit Waffle from Sleepy Hollow, School Bread from the Norway bakery, and definitely a Dole Whip! Most of which are large enough to share so that you don't go broke! ;)

masonlovesdisney
07-18-2013, 10:30 PM
And any unique treats that you find, you should try! We're food people, so we love things like the Red Velvet Whoopie Pie in Sunshine Seasons, the Nutella and Fruit Waffle from Sleepy Hollow, School Bread from the Norway bakery, and definitely a Dole Whip! Most of which are large enough to share so that you don't go broke! ;)

I definitely plan on going broke :P which is going to be terrible but will be worth it! :D

steamboat willy
07-18-2013, 11:23 PM
First things first...:welcome: to Intercot!!!
This is my top 10.
1. Opening ceremony at MK
2. Enchanted Tales with Belle
3. Fireworks at MK
4. Watching the water parade from the Poly beach with drink in hand.
5. POC
6. HM
7. Soarin
8. Leisurely strolling around WS
9. TSM
10. EE
Oh who am I kidding? My list could go on and on!

We wanna go with you!:cool:

Arielfan98
07-19-2013, 02:25 AM
Hello, I am also ironically going to WDW with my boyfriend for the first time and we are around your ages. I totally agree with all the suggestions other intercot users have said but I would also recommend time at your hotel's pool for some alone time. Wishes is also a fantastic firework show and it can be romantic if you make it that way. I also recommend going to the Caribbean Beach resort for the Kitchen Sink for food :mickey:

ransam
07-19-2013, 10:46 AM
If i were 19 (oh to be 19 again),, and was taking my 17 year old gf (Ironically at 19, i had a gf that I wanted to take w/ my family), here is what i'd want her to see and experience.

1. An early morning breakfast at the castle. We can walk down mainstreet while it's not busy, and then a breakfast w/ the princesses.

2. Rock and Roll Rollercoaster (Again, ironically Aerosmith was popular in 1981).

3. Soarin'

4. dinner at O'Hana

5. Small World

6. Fantasmic/Illuminations/Wishes (grouping them all here).

7. Getting a funnel cake and sitting in the quiet area of Epcot right accross from France.

8. a tour on the Monorail.

9. Festival of the Lion King

10. The Muppet show

masonlovesdisney
07-21-2013, 01:02 AM
Hello, I am also ironically going to WDW with my boyfriend for the first time and we are around your ages. I totally agree with all the suggestions other intercot users have said but I would also recommend time at your hotel's pool for some alone time. Wishes is also a fantastic firework show and it can be romantic if you make it that way. I also recommend going to the Caribbean Beach resort for the Kitchen Sink for food :mickey:

Sadly, due to money we are staying at a family members time-share just outside of Disney property! So the pool time at a disney resort is out :/ BUT we are definitely going to get a Kitchen Sink. That is on my list. Also, eating at the Biergarten (as that is a family tradition).

masonlovesdisney
07-21-2013, 01:04 AM
If i were 19 (oh to be 19 again),, and was taking my 17 year old gf (Ironically at 19, i had a gf that I wanted to take w/ my family), here is what i'd want her to see and experience.

1. An early morning breakfast at the castle. We can walk down mainstreet while it's not busy, and then a breakfast w/ the princesses.

2. Rock and Roll Rollercoaster (Again, ironically Aerosmith was popular in 1981).

3. Soarin'

4. dinner at O'Hana

5. Small World

6. Fantasmic/Illuminations/Wishes (grouping them all here).

7. Getting a funnel cake and sitting in the quiet area of Epcot right accross from France.

8. a tour on the Monorail.

9. Festival of the Lion King

10. The Muppet show

Your list is almost the exact same as mine, minus a few things. We are going to the Biergarten for sure. Watching Wishes, Fantasmic, Illuminations. Ride Tower of Terror. All of the good stuff. Also eating at Casey's Hot Dogs (my girlfriend has a weird obsession with hot dogs).