PDA

View Full Version : Fitness Regimen?

Arielfan98
07-16-2013, 04:52 PM
Hi guys,

So I was wondering if any of you had any great tips on working out especially targeting the abs. I want to tone my body for my next Disney trip which is soon (mid August) and I wanted to know if anyone knows a great workout video or any particular moves that would help me reach my goal.

Thanks!

Strmchsr
07-16-2013, 04:59 PM
If you're already in decent shape I've found P90x works great.

garymacd
07-16-2013, 07:46 PM
If you're already in decent shape I've found P90x works great.

Yup. P90X worked for me. Ab Ripper X will make your abs very strong and hard. Don't expect it to remove all that insulation over the six-pack without working on the nutrition side of the equation.

Arielfan98
07-16-2013, 10:15 PM
Any other tips? I can't afford P90x?

garymacd
07-17-2013, 03:12 PM
You might find some more tips in the Healthy Living 2013 thread above. We have lots of people with lots of ideas on health and fitness who would love to help out.

Kenny1113
07-17-2013, 03:32 PM
There's an app for the phone called Nike training club. It has some work outs and as you complete workouts you earn bonus workouts including an an workout. It's not as intense as P90x, but it's free!

Arielfan98
07-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Thanks so much guys I appreciate it. I am also going to start a free trial at a local gym, but for now I am focusing on the free workout videos offered by optimum on demand. :mickey:

rjmdds
07-17-2013, 04:25 PM
I know you said you can't afford p90x, but I highly, highly recommend it. It will change you physically in a remarkable way. It is not easy and it requires quite a commitment of time but it is fantastic. Perhaps you can find a friend who can burn the dvds for you. You won't regret it.

Arielfan98
07-17-2013, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but I don't have 90 days haha my Disney trip is in mid August that's why I'm pushing it away for now

Strmchsr
07-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Just as someone who works with athletes coaching football I can tell you there isn't much you can do in a month that'll make a huge difference. You can do crunches, wall sits, lunges, etc to help tone up your core, but the difference in 4 weeks will be minimal. It usually takes that long just to get your body ready to start getting in shape.

Arielfan98
07-18-2013, 04:19 PM
Just as someone who works with athletes coaching football I can tell you there isn't much you can do in a month that'll make a huge difference. You can do crunches, wall sits, lunges, etc to help tone up your core, but the difference in 4 weeks will be minimal. It usually takes that long just to get your body ready to start getting in shape.

Thank you for your feedback of course I still plan on working out everyday. I just realized that even if I do plan on wearing a bikini at my hotel pool I doubt I will ever see those people again so I'm not going to care what anyone thinks. If anyone else has more tips please do share. Thanks :mickey:

brownie
07-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Push ups and planks will really work the core. As far as toning, that usually means eliminating some of body fat. Targeted exercise won't help with that. Your body will remove fat from wherever it does, and not necessarily related to the order in which it put it on.

Arielfan98
07-24-2013, 03:48 PM
Push ups and planks will really work the core. As far as toning, that usually means eliminating some of body fat. Targeted exercise won't help with that. Your body will remove fat from wherever it does, and not necessarily related to the order in which it put it on.

I've actually lost 5 pounds in one week doing my kickboxing workout. Thanks for the tips.