PDA

View Full Version : Family meals

thesplashmountaineer
07-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Do you have any suggestions for shareable family meals? Not a family-style meal like the one at Garden Grill or Ohana but low cost family meals like for example the Giddyup and Go - 10 pieces of chicken meal at Trail End’s to go, large pizzas at resort hotels, the family feast at Pollo Campero or the Mezzo Metro pizza at Via Napoli.

thesplashmountaineer
07-18-2013, 03:15 PM
Any suggestions???

TheDuckRocks
07-19-2013, 12:18 PM
If you like Mexican food we have found the platters at both the Maya Grill at CBR and La Hacienda in Epcot easily serve more than the 2 servings they state. Many of the NY strip steaks on menus at various locations are 12 ounces and my granddaughter and I always split those. Servings of the pasta dishes also tend to be quite large, I've yet to finish one by myself. Hope this is what you're looking for.

KylesMom
07-19-2013, 12:20 PM
Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything other than what you've mentioned which could be considered a shared low-cost meal for the whole family on Disney property. I know at one point you used to be able to order a picnic lunch at Animal Kingdom and pick it up at one of the shops at a designated time, but I believe that experience is long gone.

I know a common suggestion is to order double burgers & such and split them, but I know with my family's appetites that would never work! :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
07-19-2013, 12:30 PM
Cosmic Ray's at the MK is great for family sharing. There is a Family Meal which includes a whole rotisserie chicken and mashed potatoes - $15.99

We have also found that sandwiches at most locations are large enough to share between two (Cosmic Ray's, Sunshine Seasons, Tangierine Cafe Schwarmas). We will often split a sandwich, and get the carrots as the side. Makes us feel less guilty when we inevitably have :bar: :bar: later in the day! :blush:

thesplashmountaineer
07-20-2013, 07:33 AM
I just found that they serve a Family Meal at Picabu (Dolphin Hotel) for 25$. i think we will give it a try.