PDA

View Full Version : Managing with tour groups

Plex
07-15-2013, 04:27 PM
So I have seen and heard a whole lot of commentary on the tour group problems. I have experienced them myself. There's no sense in re-hashing the problems, I'm just looking for some discussion on solutions.

So what have you all done that has been successful in helping to manage the crowds and groups? What's the most effective way to deal with 'incidents' as they arise? Is there a hotline you can call? How effective has been discussing with cast members? What CM's are most effective to talk to?

Zippy 1
07-15-2013, 06:09 PM
We have been twice with the tour groups there. Neither time have we had any real problems. Loud singing on the bus. Just tolerated it as they were having fun and it was not anything obscene. We see them head one way - we go the other. We were flexible as to where in the parks we were heading.

Itchy
07-15-2013, 06:26 PM
We see them head one way - we go the other. We were flexible as to where in the parks we were heading.

Yep that is pretty much what we do. They are there and not much can be done. Sometime we just grin and bear it..:D

faline
07-15-2013, 08:00 PM
We see them head one way - we go the other. We were flexible as to where in the parks we were heading.

Pretty much our strategy as well. A couple of times, we've found that a few folks have gotten out ahead of the group and then the group has filed in behind us. Then, instead of those ahead joining the group behind us, they seem to expect we would stand aside while the entire group files past us. We've simply made it clear, as politely as possibly this will not happen and, if they want to be with the rest of the group, they would be better served to drop behind us.

Overall, we've not had any issues with the groups.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-15-2013, 09:57 PM
We use the "go the other way" plan too.

Since they move in large bunches, we just head away from them, and have never had any real issues.

I was impressed with Crystal Palace one morning. There was a HUGE group there, and they were all seated together, and families were seated together in the other room. There seemed to be extra CM's around, and we had a lovely meal.

mgmnut
07-15-2013, 10:13 PM
Pretty much the same here. They go one way, we go the other.