PDA

View Full Version : Motel 6 vs Studio 6

Disney4us2
07-15-2013, 01:38 PM
I need to go as cheap as possible when we arrive in Orlando. I am trying to figure out which is better. Keep in mind I will need a fridge for a load of insulin.

Motel 6 maingate Kissimmee. $269.91 (before taxes) No fridge in the room. I called directly and they may or may not be able to store it for me. No pet fees. Just the room/bathroom.

Studio 6. $398.78(before taxes) near the above motel. It is a studio with a small kitchenette, 2 double beds, table and chairs, sofa. Pet fee is max of $50.00 ($10/day if not hitting the max).

The difference is $128.87

Would you pay the difference to have the extras? I plan on being there for 9 nights before going to SSR.

I am kind of leaning toward the Studio 6 for the long stay and then our inbetween stays the motel 6. Then agian, I need to watch my expenses.

mechanic
07-16-2013, 04:03 PM
check out destiny palms. very nice for the price.

Disney4us2
07-16-2013, 09:11 PM
check out destiny palms. very nice for the price.

Thanks... I checked them out. They don't allow pets. I would not stay at Motel 6 unless I wasn't traveling with our dog. Not really for vacation. For that I stay onsite.:mickey: She will be boarded for our onsite stays at SSR and AKL.

Arielfan98
07-16-2013, 10:53 PM
Keep in mind you said you needed to refrigerate your insulin and if Motel 6 does not guarantee that they can do that for you I wouldn't go there. Are your medical needs worth the discount?

frozman
07-17-2013, 12:11 AM
I agree completely with Arielfan98. Unless insulin can be safely stored in a cooler with ice (sorry, I don't know how it works) go with Studio 6
One thing I will say... is there a particular reason you are ONLY looking at those 2 hotels? There are a lot of other "extended stay" studio hotel chains that offer weekly rates, I know you have a pet, so Intown Suites would be out, but I think some Extendedstay America Properties will at some locations, and there's also Suburban (owned by Choice hotels) and I'm sure there's some that I'm leaving out.

Disney4us2
07-17-2013, 03:58 AM
Money is the reason. Motel 6/ Studio 6 are less than most of the others. I still need to save for deposit/rent/ and pet fees for our new home. When we stay onsite it is with our DVC points.

I will check out your suggestions.... thanks.