PDA

View Full Version : Making dining reservations for my friend

iheartdisney
07-14-2013, 10:10 PM
I was trying to make dining reservations for my friend (which I've done for my family/friends in the past) but it seems the site has changed. It appears I can't make reservations for anyone but myself. Does anyone know a way around this? I'm just trying to help her out. She has three little ones and this is their first trip. Needless to say, she's a bit overwhelmed with all the decisions to make. I thought I'd try to make it a little easier on her by scheduling her trip around what I know. Thanks!

SBETigg
07-14-2013, 11:41 PM
If you had her reservation numbers, you could do it by phone in her name (giving your name as hers) but I really think there's a lot of value in doing it yourself, gaining the experience and know-how to handle it on site if things go wrong or changes need to be made. It's not hard or overly time consuming. I'm pretty sure most of us have done it with little ones and other pressing commitments going on. You will be doing her a bigger favor by telling her how to proceed and letting her figure it out, in my opinion. I guess I'm in the "teach a man to fish" school of thought. :D

MargaretMessler
07-15-2013, 03:30 AM
And don't forget you would also need her credit card information, in the case that any of the ressies were ones that required a guarantee

Ms. Mode
07-15-2013, 08:50 AM
I called and made the ADRs for my DD and SIL on what was their honeymoon. I told them who I was and that I was making them for my DD, however I had to give them a credit card for some of them...so I had to us MINE. So many of the ADRs require a credit card backup now too.