PDA

View Full Version : I could use some input

Capt_redshirt
07-14-2013, 08:36 PM
While this is directed to the bloggers more anyone with input or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am starting up a blog on a nerds guide to things (i.e. travel, collecting, photography and the like) My problem is i'm over critical of what i write. Even on these forum boards ill rewrite what i say multiple times cause i feel i've said something wrong (or my tone comes off as rude). I guess my question is what do people do in this situation or is there someone who wouldn't mind being a proof reader?

Thanks in advance for any advice

SBETigg
07-14-2013, 09:00 PM
I write, I blog, and yes, it's really easy to overthink it. After some time, you find your rhythm and get comfortable with your own voice, so don't get too concerned. Not sure what service you're using, but usually you can go back and edit even after it's out there. Generally, if I'm second-guessing myself at this point, I think there's usually a reason for it and I go back over it. But of course, you can't please everyone. Blog for you and the audience will come along.

Capt_redshirt
07-14-2013, 11:24 PM
Currently i use wordpress. if the blog goes well ill move it to a paid site

SBETigg
07-14-2013, 11:37 PM
Currently i use wordpress. if the blog goes well ill move it to a paid site

Wordpress is great. I'm not sure you will ever need to change. And you can definitely edit even post-publication, which is a lifesaver sometimes.

disney obsessed
07-15-2013, 09:57 AM
I think that the thing that draws a person to a site is the personality of the writer. Be yourself and see what happens.