PDA

View Full Version : All Star Sports

SueQ
07-14-2013, 05:55 PM
Thinking of staying here in March/April. Do they have fridges in the room? How is this resort?? I know it's nothing fancy. We're not a fancy couple. LOL

Capt_redshirt
07-14-2013, 06:08 PM
I believe they do have mini fridges now. as for how the resorts are they are nice no frills resorts. the only thing i would look up is if there is anything going on at the wild world of sports the time you are going .... traditionally they kids that are going to a competition there will stay at all star sports.

MargaretMessler
07-14-2013, 07:05 PM
The resort is basic but I have never had a problem with any of the all stars. As the PP said, they do tend to house large groups there for either sports competitions or tour groups. But FWIW, I have been at the all stars when cheerleading competitions were in town, and the only issue was sometimes a crowded bus.

As for the fridges, right now none of the resorts have the fridges until they all get replaced with new models. So depending on when you go, you might not have one at all. But basically they are small and good for drinks mostly.

DisneyorBust
07-15-2013, 06:37 PM
DW and I have stayed at the All Star Sports on more than one occasion, to answer your question: yes, there are mini fridges.
We are not fancy either, we found the resort was just fine. Enough room for a couple, we would prefer a queen bed but the full/double was fine for the time we stayed.
Like the other posts have mention, you need to check the sports/cheerleading schedule, as this resort is impacted dramatically. March is a prime time for spring sports, baseball, softball etc. at the WWoS.
Food court was ok, we just grabbed an occasional breakfast sandwich here, same as any other resorts fare.
Housekeeping was good.
Bus system: worked fine, rarely waited more than 10 minutes for one.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the All Star Sports again.
Hope this helps!

EJS-Houston
07-17-2013, 11:50 AM
I've stayed at All-Star Sports many times, and while my one recent stay at Pop Century has elevated Pop to my #1 choice for value resorts, I think you'll enjoy All-Star Sports just fine.

minnie04
07-17-2013, 12:10 PM
We have stayed at All-Star Sports many many times with Baseball teams. If you have kids you will find it very fun for them to run around. The rooms are same as every resort two beds, one bath small dresser, TV etc. Yes they have a fridge, but right now they are changing all the resort fridges (maybe by March) they will be done with that. I say go for it. We had a lot of great times there. Kids always enjoyed the feel of this resort and it didn’t brake the bank. Definitely check the sports schedules that was the only thing we every encountered at Sports were the crowds of kids making the food court, busses & pools very full and very loud at times, but other than that we loved it..:mickey:

Arielfan98
07-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Well starting August 5th they will be refurbishing the food court so it should be ready when you go, but do keep in mind large sport groups/teams do go there especially for "spring training" which would be when you plan on going. I would recommend looking into Disney's other value resorts such as the All Star Music (my family's favorite), All Star Movies and Pop Century. The Art of Animation is also available for family suites and standard rooms but for Ariel theme only. All the All Stars are great choices, but perhaps your planned time would be chaotic with the high school/college spring training programs.