PDA

View Full Version : Attractions that make you feel guilty?

azcavalier
07-14-2013, 08:56 AM
My Sunday morning tradition is to turn on Live 365 and listen to Disney music from the parks while i'm making breakfast for my family. Yesterday, my family asked me to make cinnamon rolls for breakfast today. So, i'm in the kitchen, rolling out the sweet dough, and "Food Rocks" comes on. Never heard it before.

As i'm spreading on the one and a half sticks of real butter, and then topping that with cinnamon sugar, the show reaches the part where the "Junk Food" starts singing about how awesome fat and sugar are. I mean, could I be making anything more fattening this morning? And at the exact moment I was basically frosting rolled sweet dough with real butter? I had to stop and stare at my iPhone and just shake my head. What timing.

cer
07-14-2013, 11:07 AM
A few years back (quite a few) we went to the Circle of Life attraction in The Land Pavilion.

It was after that when I started making a very conscious concerted effort to recycle.

So yeah, my behavior has been influenced by an attraction....

DisneyDINK
07-16-2013, 11:54 AM
I've subscribed to Live365 for years and I've always enjoyed many of the park audio stations.

Ellen's Energy Adventure is out of date enough where the 20 years (or whatever) we have left of pertoleum is now more like 10.

I like the America Sings audio, but that "Who shot the hole in my sombrero" original audio, maybe a bit racist. The re-edit for the 1980's where the gruff white guy fears his ex-wife may have taken a shot at him has you missing the old audio. And then you feel guilty.

Every trip to AK is kind of a reminder that the natural habitat for just about everything is being destroyed by humans. It also reminds us working Yeti are constantly on the verge of extinction. That makes me feel guilty I pay so mych to see a broken Yeti.

Lindsey
07-16-2013, 05:23 PM
I always smile when "Food Rocks" plays. I listen to Live 365 at work, and I am usually snacking on veggies, seeds, or nuts when it plays. They also play "Kitchen Kabaret" sometimes. I only saw that show once as a kid, it didn't impact me much back then, but now when I am preparing a meal I find myself singing out loud, "Veggie, Fruit Fruit, Veggie Veggie, Fruit Fruit!" :) I can't say that any attraction at Disney has made me fell bad in any way. Documentaries on the other hand......